Father of sexual assault victim arrested in Loudoun

No but we also aren’t going to pretend that prior to this era anyone seeing a male enter the women’s bathroom wouldn’t call the police or personally restrain them from doing so.

4 Likes

Well. We really didn’t have genderless bathrooms before this era either.

I don’t understand what you mean by “genderless bathrooms”.

For good reason, we didn’t go to the expense and trouble of building separate bathrooms for the heck of it.

Bathrooms without assigned genders. Anyone can use them.

I thought so, are you talking about in school or in general?

Did we though? Making people pee in different rooms feels kinda antiquated to me honestly.

Schools. Offices. Airports. Anywhere.

Hmm well, maybe you haven’t been raped by a man yet, lots of women have been.

1 Like

I think the problem, at least for me, is the communal aspect. Every home in the country has “genderless bathrooms”. They also have doors with locks.

If that were the case in public, it wouldn’t be an issue. Logistics precludes that solution.

1 Like

I still find it odd that people think more assaults will happen because of gender-free bathrooms. Like assaults weren’t already happen and continue to happen.

1 Like

Why would you find it odd? Add males to any situation and more rapes will occur.

1 Like

What I think gets lost in this conversation is the actual practical implications of how gender free bathrooms will exist. In a majority of cases, gender free bathrooms will be one room that has one stall. In cases like schools, there will still be women and men’s rooms, but also one off gender free bathrooms for people who feel more comfortable using those. I don’t see lots of cases in public where there will no longer be women’s and men’s rooms.

That’s not going to work.

I mean. Males already could go in bathrooms to attack people.

Thought we covered this. Yes they could, unless some other person stopped them when they tried to enter. Now you can’t do that.

1 Like

“Horrifying”

The new engineering building at the UAF here in Fairbanks has at least one multi-sex bathroom on each floor. The sinks are in a common area, but the toilets (there are no urinals) are each in their own separate room with locking doors rather than in stalls like we normally see in public bathrooms. That makes them entirely secure, both for privacy and … for sexual trysts.

That’s exactly what I just described. There are still Men’s and Women’s bathrooms in the building, but there are also multi-fender (if you excuse the term) bathrooms open to whatever gender one may identify with. But because if the enclosed rooms for each toilet, they are more expensive to build.

That is how I have seen them in Europe