Falwell dismissed from Liberty University

I bet it will be.

Or her ā€œSugar Daddy.ā€

1 Like

Nah, heā€™s one of trumpā€™s buddies just waiting for another spot to open up in the administration.

TWO Corinthiansā€¦

Nah, it never goes that way with these organizations. Let some time pass, then there will be a whole fake ā€œIā€™ve begged God for forgiveness, Jesus loves meā€ charade and heā€™ll be back with open arms. The script is already written.

Without ever missing a paycheck.

1 Like

It goes that way with these organizations all the time.

Jimmy Swaggart was thrown out of the Assemblies Of God and was never let back in.
Richard Roberts was ousted from Oral Roberts University and not let back in.
Billy James Hargis was ousted from his American Christian College and made to stay gone.

Right. David wasnā€™t being deceptive with Uriah, was he? Abraham didnā€™t lie to others about his ā€œsisterā€ who was really his wife. Did he? Rehab didnā€™t lie to the kingā€™s men when they came looking for the spies under Joshuaā€™s command. Did she?? Etc.

Lib standards are so much higher than Godā€™s. Oh waitā€¦ i forgot ā€¦ libs ARE the new godsā€¦ better than the old.

Iā€™d guess those were swimming trunks . But bad form, bad publicity. Bad judgment. Dumb ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Be gone.

1 Like

Yeah I doubt anyone would have cared had he kept his life private.

Going public is probably along the line of a morality clause signed by those with Catholic Church employers.

Once their private lives become public, their employment is terminated.

You have to a stick up your ass to support Liberty Universityā€™s absurd code of conduct. The irony in that is that those supporters would be sodomites!

2 Likes

How about just holding Falwell to the standard he and those like him set?

If weā€™re allowed to just act like heathens and can still be Godā€™s chosen, why have standards in the first place?

Havenā€™t they done that? Heā€™s gone.

Read the post I was replying to. Seems to make the argument his behavior should be ignored and we should just move on because some Biblical prophets also did bad things.

A good reminder that we are all human.

If you cannot walk the walk, donā€™t talk the talk.

I hope he gets his life together. God is much more forgiving than people are.

1 Like

Everyone is Godā€™s chosen or you would not exist.

God can forgive what he wants to forgive. In the New Testament, Paul told us to throw wrong doers out of the church.

Hey, is that ā€œhisā€ yacht as in he owns it, or was it a rental? Because if it was his I might have to look into this whole religion and Jesus thing!

Why have standards at all, then? Weā€™re all allowed to unzip trou, hold a drink, and lie about it, if Falwell is allowed to, and if Abraham and David and those others listed above are allowed to go against Godā€™s standards, right? That was what I was responding to.

Dont take it up with me.

I didnā€™t make the following argument

I was just confirming your position. I agree that Falwell should be held to the same standards he expects of others.

I was responding to your response. :woman_shrugging: