Executive Order on “Ghost Guns”?

No need. Nobody left knows how to run ‘em.

You need to leave the city once in awhile. :wink:

2 Likes

Pass.

Selling an unserialized weapon is a federal offense.

I don’t think criminal gangs and the black market are concerned with breaking the law.

I do. Though my mill is Sherline I do have a Logan 8” lathe.

I guess I’m the little old gremlin who isn’t there.

1 Like

You kinda need a mill and lathe to make a gun from a casting. “Ghost guns” are unfinished parts.

You can’t just use this?
https://ghostguns.com/product-category/ghost-gunner/

That site claims to have everything you need to make a finished gun.

They should be looking for intelligent life in the White House, forget about the other planets.

1 Like

Pretty much.

Yes. You can.

Some people only build Lego models to the plans and don’t play with Legos themselves.

But what, if it’s not your job, would the fun be with using a purpose built CNC that you didn’t either build or program the model it uses?

I think you may be missing what sort of person many of these people actually might be.

It’s actually a general purpose CNC with codes for finishing certain guns. I see absolutely no indication that you couldn’t tinker or modify designs.

And as I said before, if your producing guns to sell on the black market then it might be your job.

Are you say Ghost Guns has no market?

Not at all. But the work envelope of their product (x, y, and z axis movement range) is rather focused. This is actually necessary to keep its cost down because metals suitable for making firearms are generally tough, requiring a tough mill that doesn’t flex in use. The larger the mill the more heavily it needs to be built to avoid that as well as rapid wear and tear from use.

Moreover you may note that there isn’t a built in liquid cooling system or the tool … that means it will not be fast or you risk quickly ruining the tool bit or the temper of the steel you’re working on,

Essentially you are looking at something that’s going to have a smaller work envelope and higher cost than, say, from here — https://openbuilds.com/ — whose principal advantage is being able to work materials that most projects, even model engines, don’t often require.

There obviously is a market for such machines … but for the same money a far superior used manual lathe can be found and sometimes you can score one with a lot of tooling.

Your knowledge on the topic is vastly superior to mine, but I think my concerns remain. I’m not too worried about enthusiasts and tinkerers, but I do think this lowers the entry point when it comes to know-how on making a gun for people who wouldn’t pass background checks and criminals gangs who want to make them to sell on the black market. I guess the bigger question is whether or not its easier and/or significantly cheaper to buy a black market gun/get a hold of guns to sell on the black market.

I think you may be underestimating the sheer failure of schools from which most gang bangers, of any race, seem to emerge. They’d simply need to hire a local friendly nerd or tool guy who somehow overcame that.

And since guns from other crimes are also easy and cheap to procure I’m not seeing much motivation.

Now, AntiFa has nerds and is violent, and growing bolder … throw in a joke about having assess to basements for workshops here … so I’d be more concerned about someone with long term ideas from that sector.

I have absolutely no worries that Antifa is going to start shooting people… murder isn’t their thing… they’re more into rioting, protest, and beating up fascists and bigots.

And so the “ghost gun” banning narratives are nothing more than posturing to vilify those who are law abiding firearm owners who do follow the existing laws.

It’s probably because ghost guns is such a cool name for something. A cool name for something will always bring unwanted publicity. Scarface. ISIS. Etc.

I mean 3D-printed guns are actually a much bigger deal, and there’s going to be a hilarious number of people blowing off their fingers with Pinterest guns in the coming years, but people don’t care as much because it’s such a dorky name.

I’m sure the ghosts are feeling relieved …

but along the same lines, why not ban glass bottles and every flammable liquid … ghost Molotov cocktails

Is this EO the first of 6 restrictions that Jbiden is going to sign on firearms?

Shouldn’t Jbiden take care of his son’s possible felony before he concerns himself with others?

Hunter Biden may have committed a felony offense by lying on a background check before purchasing a gun, Politico reported on Thursday.

Biden answered “no” in response to the question “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?” as part of the background check. The check was administered on the Firearms Transaction Record Biden filled out in order to purchase a .38 revolver on October 12, 2018