Exactly what type of immigration laws/policies do today’s Democrat’s believe in?

Well there’s 22 million illegals running around in the country what kind of immigration laws do you think they are for listen to the debates. Decriminalize the border and give them free healthcare, that should slow the flow.

The problem is that few if any people in Central America fit the true definition of Asylum:

“Asylum is the legal protection afforded by the United States government to a person who can demonstrate a “well-founded fear of persecution” based on race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group.”

https://immigration-law.freeadvice.com/immigration-law/asylum/what_is_asylum.htm

The Central American people are widely monolithic within those five categories. The wole Asylum aspect is by and large a bunch of ■■■■■■■■ with regards to the people in Central America. Those on the left constantly change their rhetoric depending regarding illegal immigration. As I stated in the OP many here make the comment that “they are just seeking a better life.” In regard to that I posed a question in the OP which none have sought to answer.

1 Like

Whenever I see A post like this…i laugh. The op whomever it is asks a question. With the post thread…about the other sides ideology. Then they go on to answer their own questions with the days talking point. Never really wanting an answer…just the ability to tell others how wrong they are.

I generally walk away. But wanted to make this point anyway. Carry on.

3 Likes

Which particular post are you referring to?

Also, it would remove oversight of illegal immigration away from federal and executive control and into the hands of individual states. And we know what kind of vetting and consequences would be meted out by Democrat state judiciaries.

1 Like

Democrats will not answer the OP questions because if they did they would need to admit to promoting the planks of an open border policy. We have yet to see a policy advocated by Dems that conflicts with an open border agenda.

The op title.

And you will probably not see it. Get over it.

[quote=“Konssurvative1, post:70, topic:195932, full:true”]
And you will probably not see it. Get over it.
[/quote]What do you mean by,
“Get over it”?

Stop worrying about it. You won’t change dem logic or ideology. No more than they can change Trumps policy. So get over it?

What? Ignore it and say nothing about it? Bad advice. For evil to triumph it only takes good people to do nothing.

You are the arbiter of what advice is good or bad? Ok?

I’m not going to make a thread with a title that is 2 or 3 paragraphs long. The goal of a threads title is to try and succinctly as possible get at the heart of what one would like to discuss. It is in the OP that one looks to expand on what is presented in the title. In the OP I raised specific issues and specific questions related to them. As of yet there has been no attempt to answer them.

I’m always open to improve, perhaps you could point me to one of your threads so I can see how you approach it.

Your title asks question and then tells us what your answer is. Why even discuss anything the title asks a question and then you answer it.

Not going to engage, gotta a feeling no matter what I do or post will be torn apart. That’s not what I’m here for. My point is don’t ask a question and then answer it for the rest of us. It keeps others from engaging in the post.

1 Like

What answer did I provide to the question what Democrats here believe what is open borders? What answer did I provide to just exactly how the view of “they are just seeking a better life” should be applied to immigration policy? Where exactly did I answer how many of the 6-7 billion people in the world should we take in? Where did I answer the last question of how many of the worlds impoverished citizens can we absorb without experiencing catastrophic economic and social consequences? Could you point out in which of my posts did I answer those questions?

When did the ideology change? It wasn’t during Obama’s first term nor any of the democrats before Obama. And this is one you can’t pin on Trump because Hillary was speaking about open borders. What happened between 2012ish to early 2015 that made democrats swing so far left on immigration?

Good start. However, we need to make very clear the acceptable reasons for granting asylum. Domestic abuse is not
Hearing gunshots is not
Gangs is not - with the possible exception if they are designated FTOs. Negotiable.

Unless they are being persecuted by their government, they are their governmemt’s responsibility.

1 Like

It’s called debating. One establishes a position. The other rebuts it.

It is obvious what this is about. That’s enough attention for you.

The less attention you pay me the better.