Exactly what type of immigration laws/policies do today’s Democrat’s believe in?

The most important part is to stop the “bleeding”. Having over 100,000 people pouring across the border every month is an unmitigated disaster. So number 7 should be number 1.

The second thing would be to suspend all Asylum claims from that region. The Asylum laws were designed to help small or minority groups being persecuted or targeted by the majority. They were not designed to deal with countries having political and social unrest. Under those conditions you could literally be talking about 80-90% of the people in theses Central American Countries.

So number 6 would be third, but with a focus of some form of intervention which would include the UN. If the political and social situation is such that 80-90% of the population is trying to leave then maybe there should be some form of action by the UN.

1. Pass some from of DACA why? What do you think they’re counting on?

Correct. Absolutely correct. There is no reason to grant asylum to citizens of those three countries.

They are being helped with a work around.

This thread has the potential to be really good.

So let’s discuss what’s going on and what we can and cannot do.

1. The treatment of these children is an abomination and Trump needs to rectify it immediately.

2. These children cannot simply be turned loose in the US.

3. The immigration process takes time. As I said, I’ve been waiting 3 years. A concentration camp is no place to wait.

4. We do not need to build shining cities in the desert that will be abandoned. It costs a lot of time and money to build and maintain that stuff. The concentration camps should not have contracted guards. Nobody should be profiting here.

5. They are using the asylum laws and our good graces to abuse our hospitality.

6. Dems want to get them in, get them legal and get them voting in their will to power.

7. We do not have a contiguous border with any of the countries they are coming from. We can’t just drop them off on the other side of the bridge. That’s the paradigm shift and why centgov is confused; it doesn’t adapt well to change.

8. This mistreatment has been going on for years. It is dishonest to show outrage now if you were silent then.

1 Like

You aren’t going to put up a wall overnight. In the meantime you are going to have those people pouring over the border.
Not only does it take time just to build the wall, we are going to have court cases for years regarding property rights, environmental lawsuits etc.
Do you plan on ceding the Rio Grande to Mexico?

While the barrier would be helpful in certain areas, it is not the most efficient way to address the current problem.

The vast majority of those crossing the border these days are turning themselves in for asylum. They are being denied the ability to do this at points of entry, so they are illegally crossing. Deal with the root problems.

What is?

Which is what and how?

The vast majority of those crossing the border these days are turning themselves in for asylum. They are being denied the ability to do this at points of entry,

What difference does that make? If they turn themselves in at the point of entry, what are you going to do with them then?

How many people are being denied and then successfully deported back to their country? My guess is none without a criminal record.

I provided priorities.

There are many.

There is less need for a wall if they all turn themselves in at points of entry.

According to reports from the caravans, a small percentage are granted asylum.

You are resisting. Why?

And where are the people not granted asylum? Are you claiming we’re flying them home?

There are many.

Many root causes? Like what?

There is less need for a wall if they all turn themselves in at points of entry.

Ok, but that wasn’t the question. What are you going to do with them?

Hello?

10 hours later…

Asylum was intended for minority groups being persecuted on the basis of religion or race, that’s not what is happening in Central America. The vast majority of them are economic migrants with phony Asylum claims.

And not a single person answered any the questions posed in the OP, which I’ll post again here:

Many here argue that Democrats don’t believe in having open borders, but the fact is that when you listen to today’s Democrat politicians they advocate things like: decriminalizing illegal immigration, abolishing ICE, not building any more border wall, tearing down existing border wall, free health insurance for illegal immigrants, drivers licenses for illegal immigrants, etc. Also how many Democrats believe that any of the people currently here illegally should be deported? How many Democrats are in favor of changing our ludicrous Asylum laws? Pretty much anyone who says two magic words – asylum seeker – can essentially walk into the country. So if that isn’t open borders exactly what is?

In so many of the discussions here on immigration people often make this following comment, “ they are just seeking a better life ” (ironically many current Americans are doing that as well). So if that is indeed how you see it, would you want an immigration system that makes that paramount? Should anyone who is just seeking a better life be granted citizenship? Let’s do some math. There are approximately 8 billion people in the world, approximately how many of them do you figure have a worse life than yourself? Go look at lists of the best countries to live in and you will notice that they all have generally small populations (most very small). In other words of those 8 billion people it’s quite likely 6-7 billion have lives worse off than your own. So for those who profess to be compassionate, I would love to know just how much compassion do you have? In other words how many of those 6-7 billion do you advocate taking in?

Economically and socially speaking how many of the world’s impoverished citizens can America absorb without experiencing catastrophic economic as well as social consequences? Would really love to see answers to these types of questions.

12 hours later…

How about 5 days later.

I’m only counting my own time. Don’t want to be mean.

You started a really good thread here. I can’t figure out why we can’t seem to solve problems in this country.

1 Like

There are already hundreds of miles of physical barriers along the border. And there are certain parts along the border (Such as the Rio Grande) where it would be difficult to build physical barriers.

Agreed. How do we stop it. 140k in May. Lester Holt.

Reform asylum laws.

Agreed again Chris. Any specifics?

One good idea to do that is if they want to apply for asylum then have them apply for asylum from their home countries or Mexico instead of doing it at the US southern border.