Ex-Trump adviser tells black Fox News guest he's out of his 'cotton-picking

Thanks for that steaming pile of ■■■■■■■■■

Minimizing actual racism doesn’t help matters.

No you weren’t racist for fried chicken at a picnic. That said, contrast that with, say, Fuzzy Zoeller the year after Tiger Woods first won the Masters asking if the Champions Dinner was going to consist of fried chicken and collard greens.

It becomes racist when you make a big deal about WHO is eating the chicken. What you guys did at your picnic was nowhere near racist…what Fuzzy said was at the minimum bigoted, and more likely racist.

Being able to discern between the two is the important part…because actual racism exists, and it flows both ways, for the record. Ignoring it, like I said earlier, isn’t going to help matters.

What state do you live in?

Good grief that was dumb.

The term alone isn’t racist at all… saying to a black person is. Period. I don’t see any other way to put it.

“Oh, the outrage”.

Fuzzy Zoeller hit his drive next to me at the 2007 Masters on Hole #8 on Saturday morning, asked for and took a swig of my beer, and then cranked a 5 wood onto the green (he 3 putted for par and finished at 25 over for the tournament, last place among all who made the cut).

Neat bit of personal history MW.

This seems similar to the controversy over the word meaning stingy. It had a completely different origin that the one some thought it alluded to, but has been apologized for several times and virtually removed from the language.

These people live to find something to be outraged over.

4 Likes

Yes, it proves Trump and all his supporters are racist pigs who need to be driven into the sea or made into lampshades and soap.

Or maybe not. Perhaps its something he normally says, to everyone. And not being a racist, he also said it to a black man. Because its proverbial, divorced from its old context, and now is an idiom, a figure of speech.

Unless you are a deranged leftists, then its lampshade time!

I could be wrong but I seem to remember that racism included making special rules for people based on race.

Today however you are a racist if you don’t temper your words specifically based on the race of the person you are talking to.

If something is inherently racist it’s racist no matter who says it no matter the speaker, audience or circumstances.

1 Like

What?

People still use this word all the time.

In front of black people! I am outraged!

Oh, just trolling then.

Interesting. You said people use that word all the time. Except you did spell out what word it was that people use all the time.

didn’t spell out that word. Was there some hesitation?

Stingy, stingy, stingy, stingy, stingy, stingy…

stingy, stingy

I think you knew.

I was wondering when you were going to turn into a troll like the rest of the Trumpvidians, looks like that day has come.

Man, when something goes over your head, it goes straight into lunar orbit.

Brilliant!

1 Like

Weak.

Very.