Evidence continues to come in that kids spread COVID

I can say this, the wait time after sanitizing a hotel room these days at a major international chain is three days. Not because that’s the rule in the handbook but because a thorough disinfecting renders it uninhabitable for a couple of days minimum.

1 Like

there are already suggestions/guidelines posted which include several different methods that can be used. Lets also not forget that masks and social distancing are not required at the same time. its an or thing. Safest is social distancing, so that should be the goal. However, if the distance had to be lessened to say 4 ft, lowering the safety offered by SDing, then the mask should compensate… no?

odd, one of the recommendations is to have the teachers switch instead of the students. That should take care of that.

For any semblance of “social distancing” to be even slightly effective, every classroom in the country would have its capacity halved.

2 Likes

It can be shortened, but even in my wife’s practice, they have rooms on a precarious rotation, since the MAs need about 45 minutes to professionally sanitize 6 × 8 exam rooms. And that’s with a draconian reduction in persons allowed into the building or offices.

Let’s imagine a classroom with thirty pairs of hands, all those desks and other surfaces, and hvac systems that are decades old.

If the situation wasn’t so off the wall absurd, I’d be grooving on this idea that Trump supporters are pushing hard for the public school system, that they have so long disdained, to be the savior of any chance Trump has for re-election.

4 Likes

That only works in elementary school. It won’t work in middle school or high school for obvious reasons.

This assumes perfect compliance from children.

odd, another recommendation is alternating days between one half of the students and another

I have heard a couple of governors talk about how important it is to open schools for the good of the child’s mental health. And then they run down the list. And now we have some governors make orders that individual school districts can not shut down without permission from the state.
What is going to be the mental state of a kid who gets infected with the virus and passes it along to a grandparent and then there is a bad result?

2 Likes

And then both halves of the class end up learning one half of the curriculum.

Of course, the teacher just needs to carry all the lab equipment, or whatever, from room to room. Oh, and sanitize it all, each time.

And how do teachers enforce it in the childrens’ homes, with their parents, when the kids aren’t in class?

Think.

So, how long is that school day for staff? Remember, you must account for deep sanitation.

And what if only three kids in English are taking chemistry and 10 take math and the rest are in a foreign language…

See my point. You can’t change teachers the kids have to change rooms.

Maybe y’all should have taken this more seriously when you could have dodged the bullet.

10 Likes

Which demands full sanitation between classes.

no it doesn’t. perfect compliance isn’t needed. I think it was found long ago you’d have to actually be less than social distanced, in the presence of an unmasked covid positive person for like 20 minutes to get enough virus to catch it. its not like match/gasoline. its more like match/coal

The. Virus. Is. Airborne.

1 Like

I think that we might see a whole bunch of teachers and staff quit their jobs if forced back to school.