Evidence continues to come in that kids spread COVID

me? You’re the one lying about what I’ve said. Whats even worse is that when I did agree that the expert your talking about was wrong, and accepted that his claims were false… I was ■■■■■■■ agreeing with you. And here we have a “study” thats nothing more than playing with numbers that does not incorporate any of the medical facts about this (or any) pandemics spread which is so obviously flawed a 5th grade special ed student could see it… and now you want me to agree with the “expert”.

Who was it that was not agreeing with the expert over there? You. And you know what, I agree, that expert was full of ■■■■■ So are these.

If Biden should win he will not keep everyone locked, no one wants to go down as the president who made everyone homeless.

then what good is a vaccine?

The science on this one is it will have a limited herd immunity, the anti bodies are short lived.

Simple. Jubilee all rents, mortgages and leases until 2021, at the minimum. Force the costs up to the massive equity holders.

The same as any given flu vaccine. You get an antibody boost for the peak of the season.

Or, get lucky, like me, and be immune to influenza infection.

What do you want to count on, luck or diligence?

and yet I continually answer your questions and challenges and explain my position… what do you do? Attack my integrity, attack my character, insult my intelligence, and mischaracterize my posts.

Go ahead, answer something. Go find one expert who says the protests had no effect on the spread. One. You can’t, because not even these idiot economists you cite made that claim.

Better yet, I don’t need you to go find an opinion, just state one and explain your reasoning (it will be difficult, I know, you will not be able to rely on the opinions you’ve been given and the talking points that go with them)

Won’t work. Antibodies for COVID are short lived (about 8 weeks max) and there doesn’t appear to be a “season”. COVID ain’t the flu, haven’t you heard?

That said, The AZ vaccine looks good, it does not rely on solely anti body production but does something with T cells. If it works as it seems it may, that vaccine may be good for up to 2 years. Why 2 years? Because COVID ain’t the flu and they don’t have to guess at the strain every year. Last I read they don’t expect any mutations that would change a vaccine that often. if a vaccine is just straight anti body production, you’d need a booster about every 3 months

I actually don’t have too serious a problem with some form of that. Hell, we bailed them out last time.

“Did not contribute significantly” does not equal “didn’t contribute at all”.

Your attempt at a red herring is noted.

The outbreak hasn’t already run its course anywhere, as evidenced by new spikes in states like California in cities where there had already been a lot of infections.

Your assumption is flawed.

Well I’ll say that I’m glad I don’t have any kids.

Seeing what some of my friends are having to go through, the uncertainty, the fear, not being able to prepare to teach at home… reopening the schools isn’t going to work.

Here they are already discussing distance learning. The issue is that this area is a. Rural as hell so very little reliable internet service is available and b. A lot of poverty, so many of these parents can’t afford it or the necessary hardware.

If we were better prepared, I think a case study in learning from home through video conferencing and online learning would be a fascinating study for the future.

The issue is that as a country we have the internet capacity of a third world nation in our rural areas. Plus local School systems will end up having to provide families with the tools necessary. And they don’t have the money for that.

there is no red herring anywhere. you are the one who scoffed at the idea that protests added to new cases. you are quite simply wrong. i have taken the time to explain what makes these “experts” opinions flawed. My opinion is based on allof the medical science it completely ignores in its conclusion.

Use some damned common sense. The argument these guys are using is basically the same thing as claiming if 30% of kids in NY were vaccinated for measles and 2% in miami, and a carrier was introduced, since no spike happens in NYC, its obviously not caused by the carrier.

No I did not scoff at that notion.

I said the evidence was that they did not SIGNIFICANTLY contribute to the new outbreaks.

“Did not SIGNIFICANTLY contribute” is not the same as saying “did not contribute at all”.

Maybe if I repeat it a second time you’ll understand that?

:thinking:

You were saying?

5 Likes

no, you did not say it (it didn’t come from you), you quoted a flawed study to claim that. The flawed study makes that claim and since it aligns with your politics of the cult of trump hating liberals you overlook the massive, obvious, and deep flaws. The biggest of which is it incorporates no medical scientific facts regarding pandemic spread and is nothing more than economists playing with numbers. its what economists do, they play with numbers to come up with statistics that support the policy proposals they support.

I was saying exactly what I said.

I notice you did not post the posts that those answers were in reply to… why would that be?

lol

Because it wasn’t relevant to the point of the post; and that was that you were posting in the same exact manner

“Had NO effect on the spread” is a red herring no matter how many times you repeat it because it’s an argument precisely no one has made.

Indeed. Do we have any in modern history even where this has been achieved? My research is coming up empty here.

No the not flawed study did not say the protests weren’t contributing to the spread.

They said that any effects on the spread the protests were having were a) lost in the baseline noise and b) offset by a stronger counter-effect of more people staying at home (increased social distancing) because of the protests/riots.

This was true of all cities that had protests- even those cities that already didn’t previously suffer from earlier run ups of COVID.