Even with a Democrat Governor and all the restrictions and guidelines in place NJ is....well just look at the chart for yourself

2 states with opposite solutions. One closed everything down while other state kept open.

Both states has similar population.

Fla and NY

Not yet anyway. You’re also concentrating on just the one virus. No telling how many people with AIDS caught your common cold, or how many seniors died from your influenza.

Not that you know of, that is. Denial is good though.

True, there is no telling.

What is the point of this observation?

Last month? How many people have tested positive in the last month?

The point was what you initially got triggered by:

We aren’t being honest about all this. Just rationalizations and confirmation bias all over the place.

2 Likes

I include the link. 80% if the 10 worse states right now are Republican Gov (one is a dem gov in a red state)

The 10 best states are 80% blue (and the 3 Republican Govonors are pretty liberal Republicans)

I know, more just Random luck.

What metric are you using, it’s certainly not new cases.

Is Texas on your list?

Looks like it did not matter at all.

Outcome is strikingly similar.

FL should be the hardest hit state with the oldest population.

1 Like

I sent the link

I’m using positive rate, which is the best metric to use according to the WHO and CDC.

7 day positive rate

3rd post in this thread

Did you look at the chart of NJ in the OP and my analysis? Where would you say my bias was?

Positive rate is a metric of testing, not spread. It is also a lagging indicator. All it estimates is if you are doing sufficient testing.

Yes. I mean “we” as a country.

You can get on an airplane and everyone removes masks when the food is served.

Outdoor dining is banned in LA.

2 Likes

Ok. How About cases per 100,000

Same result. 80% of top 10 (and 11 of top 13) are Red and 8 of bottom 10 are blue.

Just random luck right?

Florida has a much higher rate of infection than Florida, way more cases and way less testing.

Positively rate is much higher.

Allan

How about new cases? Isn’t that what’s caused the panic? How about deaths?

You want to go down another level?

I linked it. Did you miss it?
Maybe you didn’t read the link
That was new cases per 100,000 over last 7 days.

80% of the hardest hit states are Red. 80% if the best states are blue.

Regardless if you look at avg positive rate over last 7 days or new cases per 100,000 over last 7 days it’s the same

But I’m sure it’s just random luck

Not “per 100,000”. Why are you trying to adjust for population?

I don’t know about the rest of those states, in Texas the dem enclaves are where the spikes are.

Yeah, the state is red. Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, El Paso are not.