Even too liberal for Whoopie

There are plenty of bike lanes here in Texas. Just saying.

1 Like

No one… But it’s one main reason I feel so slimy and congested after being in Manhattan.

I don’t know how city people handle it…

Once again, your attempt to paint bike lanes as liberal does not jive with your complaints about the air quality here.

Maybe… just maybe… it isn’t a left/right issue?

It’s difficult for west-coasters to understand the relationship that New Yorkers have with cars.

So he frames it as a left-right issue, because that’s all he knows.

5 Likes

Whoopie told you they are causing cars to sit and idle in traffic jams… Geez… That causes pollution, it’s not stopping it. And it’s so obvious,I can’t believe I had to explain it…

You think NY’ers like sitting in traffic jams ?

Then it is a design issue.

Not a left/right issue.

But tell me… what would a “conservative “ approach to bike lanes look like?

The biggest traffic jams in NYC have nothing to do with bike lanes.

I saw Whoopie complaining the other day about what they are doing to the Covington kid.
She said he didn’t do anything wrong.
Joy (whatever her name is) said it was because “we” want Trump out so badly.

Not according to Whoopie. She gets driven in every day…

Yes… an amazing admission of their TDS…

Yes, on a television production that is usually a teamster job.

I don’t like the bike lanes in my city and it’s not because they’re “too liberal,” the city is more than 250 years old and the streets are very narrow.

Do you know how many people come into just Manhattan for work every weekday?

DC is the same way. What’s troubling drivers have gotten to the point in ignoring bike lanes. Also, there are some areas that have bike lanes that are too dangerous to even be there.

When I worked at the bureau I biked to work from Maryland twice because parking around the Hoover building is too expensive and the metro is unreliable. I almost died both times. I didn’t feel safe until East Capital Street became Central Ave. (Maryland).

Of course not. That’s why NYers don’t drive to work - they take the subway, or ride a bike.

Or just walk.

There’s no way for them to be widened in certain places?

I admit I’ve never really driven in a place where the streets were excessively narrow outside of backroads in the country. Most cities here, which are much younger than Pittsburgh, tend to have wide road ways.

The same thing is true for NYC. Some bike paths are better than others. 8th Ave is a death trap in my opinion. But the routes up the East side are really good.

Generally if I have to be on the West side I go up the West Side Highway path… very few crossings with car traffic and no stoplights… and the east side the 2nd Ave and 1st ave lanes are pretty good. Watching out for pedestrians is the biggest challenge usually.

I usually try to be where cars expect me to be and when going cross town assert my right to be in the lane pretty fiercely.

2 Likes

and don’t forget to honk at bikers, so they know you are there… Much safer.

It’s funny seeing Whoopi “Goldberg” (not her given name, FYI) go off on the Jews during WWII. Reality is more ■■■■■■ up than fiction.

She’s a ■■■■■■■ moron.

2 Likes