Evacuation of US Embassy in Ukraine

Ya especially Germany and Japan third and fourth economy in the world needs our protection, really? I think neutering these countries after WW2 might not have been the best of ideas. Would be nice to have a strong Japan right now or maybe Germany and the Panzers threatening Russia if they invade instead of the U.S. tax payers always footing the bill.

It’s an interesting change of pace to see these kinds of events happening from the outside world as opposed from the first person point of view.

I hope The Ukrainian Boogaloo catches on. lol

Right- I guess it was the part about Kiev that interested me. I have been betting that Russia will take a bite out of Ukraine- just the Donbas. But Biden seems to have intelligence that it will be the entirety of Ukraine. We shall see.

As long as they keep their little dictators in the ball pit I don’t have a problem with it. Those ■■■■■■■ need to pay for their own defense anyway.

Germany would sell out everyone for cheap Russian energy.

1 Like

It’s totally amateur. No military or intelligence background. I started in 2008 when when the Georgia-Russia happened. And I realized I knew nothing about the North Caucasus. Did a lot of research, read their news sites(translated) and tried to get a feel. 2014 I was watching the same thing happen while I was stuck at work as Russia took Crimea. Researched as much as I could. But since 2014 I’ve tried to find out what’s going on everyday. There was a point where Ukraine raised their flag in downtown Luhansk, and I wanted to pop a cork, and then the Russians sent in their battle groups. Things stabilized in 2015-2016. And since then I’ve kept an eye on what’s going on in Donbas(for the record I don’t like it when Biden calls it the Donbas. It’s Donbas). Keeping track of what we’ve supported them with. Not enough over the years. But love the US/Canada/UK training battalion after battalion after battalion. But I’ve watched it all. The Live Map that I call the Ukraine War Map, does nice helpful updates. But I daily go to Ukrinform. And for Georgia I go to Agenda.ge in addition to their Defense Department site. And I always keep an eye on the US Major Arms Sales site to see if they get do anything. And Excess Defense Articles that they send out. Not counting this week where I’m checking my other sites regularly, it’s just been a check the Ukraine war site, check the Caucasus site, check Ukraine and Georgia’s Ministry of Defense sites, check Agenda.ge and that’s pretty much it.

1 Like

Russia is reporting two explosions at natural gas facilities in Lugansk, Ukraine. They are also reporting a suspected car bomb in Donetsk. These cities have been under control of Russian-back rebels since 2014.

Two explosions rocked the city of Lugansk in eastern Ukraine late on Friday, a Sputnik news agency correspondent has reported. Local media have also confirmed that the first blast affected a pipeline in the area, resulting in a major fire. The second one reportedly took place at a gas station.

The reports of explosions come just hours after the neighboring city of Donetsk was rocked by another blast. It was caused by a car bomb, which targeted a vehicle belonging to the head of the people’s militia of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic, and did not result in any casualties.

Given the evidence-free propaganda and corruption it may never be clear what happened.

Japan is spending more money on the JSDF. Though I do agree that Japan needs to look deeper into Article 9 of their constitution. Many Japanese people are still anti military though.

Just for the record, Japan does already have one of the best navies in the world. Like maybe the fifth best. And they aren’t ■■■■■■■ around. They are well into mini aircraft carriers.

Very well put. Concise. Correct and to the point

I honestly think that if there’s an invasion that Germany shuts down Nord Steam II. They’re getting a ■■■■ ton of boos from European and German organizations for their half hearted shipments of arms to Ukraine. They sent ■■■■■

Good thing the child sniffer shook his finger at Putin…

I personally think its a vast strategic mistake for Putin to take Kiev. He should be able to take it rather easily. But occupation will prove far more challenging and will cost him in blood and treasure for years. Just taking the Donbas is far more strategically smart. Both will cost him in heavy economic sanctions. Dude is for sure a gambling man.

So you think it’s going to happen and Biden is weak, or you think this is made up by Biden for some reason? Certain people tend to tall in two categories.

None of them want to really say. Only one is honest that…anything Biden will do is wrong. Hyperpartisanship makes for a really booooring conversation.

2 Likes

If they were going to really do it I can’t think of a better time, every other country has already said they wouldn’t send troops, Ukraine has no nukes an a little army not to mention many Russian sympathizers, Putin might be thinking now or never. I am sure they would love to grab back a capital city especially in eastern Europe.

I always go back to that comment he made were he said the fall of the Soviet Union was the worst thing to happen in the 20th century. Obviously to us it wasn’t it was a great thing to happen but he definitely has been chipping away piece by piece trying to get more back. They literally have half of the total Russian armed forces on the Ukrainian border. Why would anyone thing he’s bluffing.

Minimum of 150,000 probably much more troops
Half would be
2000 aircraft
750 helicopters.
6500 tanks
13500 armored fighting vehicles
3000 self-propelled guns for artillery

That would be the biggest bluff in history.

Yeah I think the EU/US has said - go ahead take it. Then we will send insurgents in Ukraine money and arms to pick off Russians for the next 10 years while heaping massive economic sanctions and isolating Russia. Doesn’t seem like a smart bet to me- but I think Putin really has it in his head that he is destined to re-establish the old Soviet Empire.

Oh balderdash. I’ve already said. Those aren’t the only two choices and several things can be true all at the same time.

1 Like

Ukraine has 250,000 trained troops to repulse this. They’re not going to hold the borders. But it will be bloody as hell. And then comes all the reserves/national guard/militia who will be killing Russians every chance they can in every town Russia takes. Russia trying to hold Ukraine will be Afghanistan for the USSR but way way way worse. NATO will be at the border handing all the weapons Ukrainians need to go back in and kill Russians. It’ll be ten times what we gave the Afghan groups in the 1980s. It’ll be a revolving door. Come in, rest, train, here’s your LAW.

5000 helmets that’s almost like a mean joke.

1 Like