Enthusiasm or Astroturf? Pay or Punish to attend Trump speech

It is not even infinitesimally the same.

He did it folks! Tds! Claps! Woooo

!

Was it an easy day? Yeah kinda. It went to their overtime later in the week.
But they didnt get to have lunch and that would have pissed me off.
I would have sat there for free money as long as I got to eat food.

Otherwise Iā€™d just take the day off and relax at home, but it is the president and how often you get to see that? Even if he is a pile of ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

2 Likes

See plasma gets it.

I drive by the plant sometimes when Iā€™m heading towards Robinson. I also know that pay like 27 an hour there to do maintenance.
I saw them start up when I worked over at the power plant for a temp jobā€¦I miss that job. It was so easy.

Anyways these guys work like 6 days a week because itā€™s in their contract. Some people made it so they live off those paychecks and any dip hurts themā€¦

Thatā€™s ridiculous. Why would I pay somebody to sit at home?

IF YOU ARE NOT AT THE PLANT, THE PLANT DOES NOT PAY YOU.

You are either badged in or you are not. If I am paying you, I am liable for you.

Its like that at my job. People live there lives off of OT. I tell them. Get right because we are cutting OT. Donā€™t depend on it. Iā€™m a salaried Sr. Management Director. Some people make more than me off of OT. Donā€™t rely on OT.

I know I dont. Iā€™d tell people I didnt need the hours back at the old job. I could live off 40 a week. Dont get me wrong I enjoyed spending the 2k pay checksā€¦but I didnt need it.

Some people just cant

27 an hour = 56,100 (27 x 40 x 52)
40.5 an hour = 33,696 (40.4 x 16 x 52)

Total pay = 89,796 per year for the regular and overtime.

Yet the people somehow live paycheck to paycheck. Sounds like some people have a spending problem to me. I live on half that a year and live confortably.

They do have that problem. You get so used to living a certain life style that any hit hurts you.

You start making that money and it warps your realityā€¦I had someone one time say they wanted to buy a beater( car) for their nephew.

I thought to myselfā€¦thatā€™s niceā€¦1000 dollar car because he is a new driverā€¦

Nope he meant like 5grandā€¦

5 grand isnt a beaterā€¦

Plasma

Make sure you are sitting down

We agree on this one.

2 Likes

Not the issue. People were given no choice ā€” play act being a Trump supporter or lose OT.

Try addressing the issue rather than name calling.

Again ridiculous, it is the issue. If you are badged into the plant, I have to pay you. If you are not, I donā€™t.

This thread is an epic failure.

You havnā€™t address what I posted H

You know

That this is a quarterly thing the company does (aka bringing in VIP guests to speak to the workers) where they have to clock in to listen to them and get paid.

You also havenā€™t addressed that they recieved training earlier in the day before the Trump Event (like all the quarterly events before).

If this was a one off incident you might have an argument. But where this is a regular occurance . . . well where is your critisism of all the other times workers have been forced to clock in to listen to someone or lose a dayā€™s pay?

There is no issue to address.

Yeahā€¦I was lolā€¦

OT has been a part of my base salary for 20 years. But Iā€™ve always lived by your suggestion.

OT day is the one day they pay me almost what Iā€™m worth.

1 Like