Ending an active shooter encounter

I wish I could say the same about you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Highlighted: No, you see, that’s where you’re wrong, the system makes them exactly that. Because you want to create a situation where exactly that occurs.

Save your dishonest personal attacks for someone else. There is no taxpayer money involved here at all.

You have no "point’. All of the available evidence shows you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about on the subject.

There isn’t the slightest possibility that we could ever keep guns out of the hands of all of those inclined to do evil with them.

What we can do is give people a fighting chance to survive when the worst possible scenarios play out.

Once an active shooter begins firing you have a very real possibility of at least one person being killed every second until the shooter is stopped.

Now if your kids are in the school when such a shooting begins do you want them to have the best chances of surviving or do you want to wait 3-10 minutes before the first PO can even arrive on campus much less locate, engage, and stop the shooter?

What precisely does this have to do with the discussion at hand?

What a load of BS. The number of people legally carrying with a permit would only be relative to the number of such incidents committed by people legally permitted to carry.

Notice your vaunted author leaves that number out.

There is also zero evidence to suggest that the rate of such incidents has increase.

There is no class of adults in the US statistically less likely to commit a violent crime of any kind than those who are legally permitted to carry.

Less than .02% of permit holders have been found guilty of any crime at all much less a violent crime.

Fact: Gun homicides were 10% higher in states with restrictive CCW laws, according to a study spanning 1980-2009. 1

Fact: Crime rates involving gun owners with carry licenses have consistently been about 0.02% of all carry permit holders since Florida’s right-to-carry law started in 1988. 2

Fact: After passing their concealed carry law, Florida’s homicide rate fell from 36% above the national average to 4% below. 3

Fact: In Texas, murder rates fell 50% faster than the national average in the year after their concealed carry law passed. Rape rates fell 93% faster in the first year after enactment, and 500% faster in the second. 4 Assaults fell 250% faster in the second year. 5

Fact: Crime is significantly higher in states without right-to-carry laws. 6

Type of Crime % Higher in
Restrictive States
Robbery 105%
Murder 86%
Assault 82%
Violent Crime 81%
Auto Theft 60%
Rape 25%

Fact: States that disallow concealed carry have violent crime rates 11% higher than national averages. 7

Fact: Deaths and injuries from mass public shootings fall dramatically after right-to-carry concealed handgun laws are enacted. Between 1977 and 1995, [8]

(Gun Facts | Insight on Concealed Carry of Guns in Public) the average death rate from mass shootings plummeted by up to 91% after such laws went into effect, and injuries dropped by over 80%. 9

Give us a list of countries in which there has never been a mass shooting.

Give us a list of countries in which the criminal class has been successfully disarmed.

Well, unlike you he has an actual point and it is 100% accurate.

There is nothing we could ever do in this country to disarm all of the criminals.

Anyone resorting to gunfire in a road rage incident is by definition a criminal absent their acting in lawful self defense. In such cases claiming the gun owner was somehow responsible for the incident is a baseless lie.

You cannot engage in lawful self defense if you are the part initiating a violent encounter.

1 Like

That’s a complete load of BS. People all over the world where guns are heavily restricted or completely outlawed are murdered by the millions every year.

You don’t need a gun to be a murderer or any other kind of criminal and all of human history proves that to be unarguably true.

Having to use lawful deadly force to defend yourself in no way makes you any kind of bloodthirsty murderer. The entire premise is a baseless lie.

Where do SCHOOL BOARDS get the money you are proposing they spend?

Liberal advice guns are evil and make good people do evil things.

All these cherry picked facts can be rebutted when compared against numerous western European countries with sane gun laws.

It’s absolutely pathetic that you think that reply is an appropriate counter to my point.

That is babble Rose, because you know my point is correct. You want the wild west, I don’t.

lol - You do love your cherry picked sources of info, don’t you.

So in your book, you are to blame if someone tries to harm you and if you defend your life with lethal force you are a bloodthirsty killer. Interesting perspective.

I haven’t proposed they spend anything at all. This is purely about providing information for them as they make plans for the future.

Nothing was “Cheery Picked” I copied it all straight from the page and pasted it.

We’re not western europe, never have been and never will be. The reality of life in N. American is completely different than that of western Europe and always will be.

Everything you’ve said on the subject is pure BS. You wouldn’t recognize a fact if it steamrolled you and wouldn’t admit it if it did.

You cannot instigate a road rage incident and make a lawful claim of self defense in the use of deadly force to bring same to an end.