Electric Cars are coming- no need to drill in Alaska

Shame on you for going there … first…

Well that isn’t exactly true. Reckless driving and Exhibition of speed are two that come to mind. One thing about a tesla the acceleration makes no noise so doesn’t get the cops attention.

New twist on how heavier EVs wearing down their tires faster cause the associated pollution more than ICE.

1 Like

Making EVs or EV chargers doesn’t seem like the big road block to me. Where is all the electricity going to come from?

Yes, and it reaches that speed in about 2.8 seconds. :wink:

1 Like

In other words, 3 entire generations ago, she used to have mediocre looks. :rofl:

1 Like

“Buy one for your teenager, it’s the last birthday gift he may ever need!”

And she had to slut up her looks to achieve that.

2 Likes

Thanks to the commitment of state leaders who worked hard to develop EV charging networks that work for their residents, we were able to approve these state charging plans quickly and ahead of schedule,” said Acting Federal Highway Administrator Stephanie Pollack. “We are reviewing the remaining plans and on track to finish the process by our target date of September 30, if not sooner. Our shared work to bring President Biden’s vision for a national electric vehicle network to communities across America is too important to wait.”

Nice.

Passing it along.

1 Like

And the eco fools are concerned about being reliant on oil produced in dozens of countries, most of which are not politically hostile to the US,

1 Like

It is also possible that environmentalism is correct in general but
a mad rush to use EVs is wrong.

1 Like

Yes, they are right, oil is a diminishing resource … and so are copper, nickel, Cobalt, rare earths and lithium.

Or they could be right about rivers, and endangered species,
and even global warming, but find that EVs will not be a practical response for another 50 years or that nat gas vehicles are a better response, or biofuels are a better response or . . . something else.

You are right again. Eliminating oil and moving 100% to renewable energy won’t do anything to stop pollution of fresh water and air and killing off endangered species … that’s a people problem, in that there are too damn many of them on this planet.

Somehow you’ve lost me in your sarcasm Samm. I don’t understand what you are trying to say.

Let’s try again
I believe (no sarcasm)
If there are six green ways to power a vehicle
mandating one of them might be a bad idea. Certainly that would exclude all others.

Even if that one must be mandated, excluding all others
perhaps mandating it on a 5-10 year time scale is wrong.

Ah, but are THEY friends of the US? Where they are Red beneath a green skin I’m not seeing that they are.

Notice the dems want to change the car system to be more China centric. Lithium and the chips come from there.

Dems already tried this stuff under Obama with solar panels. How did that work out? All built in gulag China…

1 Like

I’m not being sarcastic. I’m telling it like it is.

1 Like