Economy adds 145K jobs - Good News!?!?

True. What it is not is union wage growth.

But when employees form a union and collectively bargain, wages increase faster.

This seems reasonable, along with the uncertainty and chaos that Trump introduces. That has long been one of my biggest criticisms. Markets don’t like uncertainty.

Not growth.

How is it not wage growth? Collectively employees demand higher wages for their jobs. Companies agree. They adjust wages to get the employees they need. That’s market.

Extortion, not growth.

Lol, its no more extortion than a single employee saying they will quit if they don’t get a raise. Just evens the power differential.

Lol. I understand.

I don’t think you do. I’m up for reappointment, the company offers me a certain amount for the job. I say I want this amount for the job. They agree.
Extortion?

No, that’s negotiating.

Unions don’t do that though, do they?

What happens in each case if the company doesn’t agree?

Literally, what unions do during contract negotiations is negotiating.

What happens in each case when the company says no?

1 Like

They renegotiate or the company has to look for new employees.

No! Be honest! In the case of the individual, he has two choices; accept or walk.

The union doesn’t walk.

Unions walk all the time. And companies agree to negotiate or they don’t and bring in new people.

Unions never walk away, they walk out and often do everything they can to destroy the business. Not the same thing at all.

Strikes are pretty rare. They usually negotiate.

The company usually capitulates.

It also goes to arbitration. Strikes are rare, and unions rarely want that.

You think? Unions have lost tremendous power over the years because of company capitulation? LOL! I don’t think so.