Economy adds 145K jobs - Good News!?!?

Simply out of curiosity, did you think I made that up?

We’re at 2.87 percent year on year wage growth right now with 3.5 percent unemployment. Wage growth target is 3.5-4 percent. Before 2008 it was closer to 4 percent and often over.

No, I thought you might have had a bad source that steered you wrong.

What’s the problem?

The problem is that middle and lower classes aren’t accumulating wealth and buying power during these good economic times like they need to to help compensate for the previous recession and prep for the next one. And their standard of living should be better during this time but sub 3 percent wage growth hinders it.

No, what’s causing it?

That’s what’s confusing the hell out of economists.

What do you think it is?

Don’t worry, the chains aren’t punitive, it’s just so they don’t wander off.

I am not an economist, but there are certain things that I think slow wage growth. These are not the reasons, but things I think contribute. But decrease in union membership, right to work laws, fewer employees having collective bargaining chances. But a main thing is changing economy. People working multiple lower paying jobs to equal one good job. If someone is working part time they get paid less. And companies offering more and more part time jobs.

All wrong.

Probably some good truth to that. Is that piece driven by the companies or the people?

I think another contributing factor is the last recession. It scared everybody.

Well if you say it’s wrong then that must be the case. Guessing you’re anti union.

But the part time shift I would call driven by companies.

Wage growth higher in union areas?

Some probably. From what I see a lot of it is driven by the employees. And probably automation.

Do I have to do all your research? Have I not done enough of that for you today? I keep giving you facts and numbers. But you’re fine just saying “All wrong” when I say I think decrease in union membership and collective bargaining is adversely affecting wages. Can you research for once?

I will just say, wage growth based on area and that area’s union percentage is going to be a ■■■■■■■■ terrible metric.

I didn’t say all wrong to your numbers.

No, you said “All wrong.”. to me saying this:

Just “All wrong.”. No discussion. No “I think you’re wring because of…”

Do some work and contribute.

Right, there are no numbers there. Glad we could agree. Wage growth has nothing to do with unions.

I’m discussing it. Stop whining.

“Wage growth has nothing to do with unions.”. ??? How the hell did you get that?

What do you mean how do I get that? Unions don’t grow wages. Growth is an effect of market.

Unions demand wage increases. That’s not growth.

Workers demand wage increases. That is part of the market.