Early Winter? ..3 feet of snow, smashes records in West

I’d sure like the hot summers to come back any day now. My poor pool has been neglected.

Cratic. I am somewhat color blind and thus cannot identify which model is the one (and only) that is relatively accurate compared to the Observations. Could you (or someone else) please identify it for me?

Scientists don’t even account for the period of time when the earth was a giant flaming rock. Climate has changed on Earth many times over the course of history, and we shouldn’t be surprised if it continues to change as we proceed into the future.

2 Likes

As I am sure you know and understand the impact of changes to the climate 25,000 years ago is not relevant to what the impact of changes to the climate will be now.

It’s summer. The permanent Ice is still growing in volume.

What’s relevant is that we’re well within the norms of the previous cycles which all predate industrialization by thousands of years.

Oh I think we can easily prove that man is responsible for some warming, particularly due to the urban heat island effect.

Look at where we have traditionally taken the official temperatures for the last century and look how much concrete and asphalt has built up around those locations.

Move a few miles out into the rural areas from the concrete and asphalt jungles and on any given day temps can be five degrees cooler or more.

Actually it is spring here.

To miss the point by so much is quite amazing.

Are you anywhere near to the Arctic?

One would have thought you would know where Australia is; but apparently you don’t.

You aren’t in the arctic, you are on the opposite side of the world.

I didn’t miss anything and as usual you have no point.

Well, from your remark to WildRose, it is apparent that you don’t know where the Arctic is.

You would be wrong in coming to that conclusion…

What is warming the earth now?

Liberal outrage?

The sun.

I blame the 24/7 news cycle. All that hot air has to have a negative impact on the planet!

1 Like

Last Wednesday, it was 91 degrees. This Friday, we have our first forecast for frost - a full 3 - 4 weeks ahead of the usual first frost in November.

Pear harvest was incredible this month after yet another year of ridiculous downpours, seemingly every other day.

Another year where the weather was pool-friendly for about 2 whole weeks.

Some are predicting ice storms this year, like the ones we had in 2007 when 850,000+ Missouri residents were without electricity for 2 weeks.