Early Winter? ..3 feet of snow, smashes records in West

Arctic ice is expanding… Has been since 2013.

Look at all the areas on that globe that are larger than the amount of land you circled that have no land based data…

My point went right over your head…

The chart is obvious…

and if you go to the page on Borg’s post that’s suppose to debunk it, it doesn’t…

After how hot August and the beginning of September was, I am enjoying the cooler weather in Arizona here.

Unfortunately, our current world record for longest stable temps will come to and end like every other inter-glacial period, barring another celestial impact like the ones that ended the last glacial period.

1 Like

The Arctic sea ice extent for this year was basically tied with 2016 for the second lowest on record.

Your point was irrelevant.

I wasn’t making a counter-claim.

I was addressing the argument in your OP.

The same inaccurate argument you and others like you have trotted out over…and over…and over.

1 Like

Wrong

NASA posted this video to YouTube with this description, “Arctic sea ice has not only been shrinking in surface area in recent years, it’s becoming younger and thinner as well.

Explain how it doesn’t. It calls out the lack of ranges on your graph. It calls out the use of averaging.

All the data we do have easily refutes your point, so it MUST be all the data we don’t have that proves you are right. :joy::+1:

Meanwhile where I live . . .

Not a single day over 100 this year.
Not many days in the upper 90’s.

That was the entire summer, not just one mone. Way cooler than usual.

It hink we canceled out your heat in Austin.

Hooray!!! Global warming isn’t happening!!!

Let’s celebrate on the rooftops and sing!!!

Best news ever!!!

That may not be enough time for some to learn the difference between the weather and climate.

What should stop is the vilification of climate scientists. Let me point out that if it is a choice between accepting the advice of yours and others of similar view and the CSIRO and Bureau of Meteorology (Australia) I will choose the CSIRO and BOM every day of the week.

Oh dear. That is weather not climate. We had a 30 on the 28th August this year. Of course that is an example of weather as well.

I open my fridge today and there was food, thus world hunger doesn’t exist.

1 Like

So was the information about Austin weather not climate?

Of course it is weather and specifically Austin’s weather. This link might help:

I know you live in utah but dont know where.
salt lake city had summer temps well above normal…

Utah was hotter than normal for at least part of the summer. Cool anecdote though.

Utah, too, saw above-average temperatures for July. Temperatures were 1.7 degrees F above the average temperatures seen between 1980 and 2010, said Jon Meyer, a climatologist with the Utah Climate Center

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2019/08/16/mks-cedar-city-meets-record-high-august-temperature-for-first-time-in-17-years/#.XZS10WRKgy4