Early August midterm outlook

Dude I grew up six blocks from a working coke plant complex. WHEMCO was still going in Homestead. Quality Rolls on the South Side. Pretty sure I do know.

Unless your argument is that that was bad but it was much much worse before ‘73, in which case I agree and that’s why we should not do that ■■■■ again if it can be avoided. Welcome to the right side of history.

2 Likes

There it is. And Oh, so correct. Fetterman is another genius that thinks disarming a law abiding citizenry reduces gun violence. Because criminals in possession of illegal weapons will then not commit crimes. Criminals know a disarmed society is a safe society. Yes, that Fetterman is just what you PA losers need in a US Senator. Pains me to say it because I’m from W PA. But I’ve seen what the Dimbulbcrat machine has done to the state over the years. You all need to wake up and smell the coffee maybe try something different.

Lake is a candidate in a gubernatorial race, not senate. Blake Masters is running against Kelly for the senate seat.

Yes…it was bad, really bad. But the time you remembered it cleared up lot…plants were already closed or were scaling back. I think last plant shut down around mid 80’s? maybe late 80’s?

Long commute from New Jersey.

I imagine Oz and Mastriano will have a real big push starting right after Labor Day, including probably a huge MAGA rally with Trump attending as the headliner.

You’re right, thanks for that. Still believe Kelly is vulnerable with the illegal surge of people coming into USA through Arizona. Also looks like Blake is pretty accomplished venture capitalist in his own right which might prove useful in winning over undecided voters there.

So far, not looking too great for Mr. Masters

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1557359121502011394?s=20&t=n9rHMFZIEGsPtyOr8rBMzA

Like OP mentioned, could be just AZ has gotten a lot bluer.

Of course, Donald J Trump followed in the footsteps of Ronald Reagan either not being surgeons in becoming a POTUS.

Also Arnold Schwarzenegger did okay in California governors mansion without having a license to practice medicine.

How so? Kelly is the incumbent …

Republicans used to win statewide elections in AZ regularly.

Flying at 35,000 feet.

Actually we can credit Trump (partially) for Biden’s legislative success.

The Big Lie can be partially credited for getting Warnock and Jon Ossoff elected. It depressed GOP turnout in the special election because so many GOP voters believed the elections in Georgia were rigged.

Thanks, Trump!

1 Like

Virginia Governor race last year showed how a Biden endorsement is essentially worthless if not damaging vs Trump win record % now surging to the good for a “prolonged” red wave. That probably also includes / signals a trend to expect this so called Big Lie narrative to steadily waning with voters as more time elapses.

Add how McConnell in a passive aggressive kind of way is already doing damage in really not going full tilt with Walker in GA who he has endorsed. Maybe it’s a tell that the Old Crow is very concerned his days are numbered at being the Republican top gun in the Senate either way (majority or minority leader)?

Also Blake Masters is a Peter Thiel style fascist.

[quote=“W_and_C, post:72, topic:242696, full:true”]

Then there are those who believe like me the current governor (Ducey) being on his way out due to term limits might give a big lift to getting a lot redder this time around…

That seems a lot better than what Mark Levin often does on air sometimes referring to Pelosi adding Eva Braun at end of it.

That’s not an asset when you have a “R” by your name. Colorblind and everything, right?

Blake Masters is an adherent to the philosophy of Curtis Yarvin who argues that liberal democracies should be replaced by sovereign joint stock companies with shareholders and the like.

Peter Thiel loves him some Yarvin and he is the backer of his protege Blake Masters and JD Vance.

These guys are not your allies. They are dangerous fascist loons. They are very wealthy fascist loons… but still fascist loons.

Thiel is a nutjob. I met him once.

Brilliant but a nutjob.