Dune Part 2 (2024 Movie)

I saw Dune Part 2 Saturday, and I loved it.

It was truly visually spectacular in IMAX, and I enjoyed the performances.

I can’t wait to see the movie again soon.

I recommend everyone to see it.

I give it a grade of an A.

ENJOY!

4 Likes

The wife and I plan to see it next week. We watched part1 on Netflix last week to freshen it up in our minds and look forward to part 2. I just hope we don’t have to wait years for the third of the series.

1 Like

I must have it. The spice melange.

1 Like

The trailers look very good.

It was pretty amazing.

1 Like

as a huge fan of the novels, I’m still digesting some of the story changes made, so I will have to see it again. That being said, it was amazing on its own.

The biggest and loudest movie I’ve ever seen.

I’m probably the only human being alive who has never read the book. So my only comparison is the 1984 film which even though I love I’ll admit had a ton of problems due to being rushed.

The 1984 film was a snoozer. I kept falling asleep and thus lost track of the story. This new production is fantastic by comparison.

I did love Part 1 for sure.

The pacing of the newer films is really good.

I do appreciate 1984 for what it is though. It should have never been made with all those compromises the studio put on the team. They tried to do their best though.

I don’t know about any imposed compromises, I just know the movie did not do the book justice.

They dictated the overall run time. They also told the team they couldn’t include key scenes from the novel that would have fleshed it out better.

The team originally wanted to do a mini series with movie like production values. The studio shot them down immediately.

Now we are two. :wink:

I’ve also never seen the original film and I’m not going to watch this one until the whole 4 part trilogy has been milked out. So far it sounds like it will be well worth the wait.

Four-part trilogy? :thinking:

:wink:

1 Like

My wife and I saw it yesterday- fabulous, the effects were great and the shooting locations were magnificent - I particularly enjoyed how the character of Feyd Rautha was more developed… (Sting wasn’t a bad actor but his character wasn’t given as much depth as Austin Butler’s)

as we watched the credits, I was reminded that the people in Dubai don’t like the Flintstones, but the people in Abu Dhabi do…

I read all the books years ago, great concepts but clunky sci-fi/fantasy–not my favorite. saw the David Lynch weirdo masterpiece which had some brilliant unforgettable moments and some forgettable, gross looking, Eraserhead weirdness–but overall, a masterpiece.

I disliked the first film in this new series. The digital fakery was mediocre shiny, plastic-ness which I detest and boring acting and writing. I will still see this new film in hope that it redeems itself.

I am a massive Dune fan. The books were a huge part of my childhood.

Its impossible for any movie to do the books justice so I look at the movies as just taking inspiration from the books. I do that with any adaptation.

Though I do think a streaming show of Dune could work. I love what Apple TV did with Foundation. Asimov fan boy here and the TV show takes the concepts of the books and made a fantastic show.

Anyone who loves space opera needs to watch Foundation as well as The Expanse.

Heading out to watch Dune later today.

1 Like

Foundation was shockingly good. I went into it not expecting too much. But it’s actually really good.

1 Like

That along with The Expanse are great examples of quality space opera on streaming.

I saw Dune Part 2 yesterday and loved it. Best movie I have seen in a long time.

Denis Villeneuve has established himself as one of the truly great directors.

1 Like

It did indeed go right over your head, without a care in the world of ever running into you. :rofl: :wink:

Timmy is my spirit animal.

1 Like