Drugmakers Raise Prices on Hundreds of Medicines

Then you can also take into account that much of the legislation is no longer being written by our elected representatives, but by lobbyists. Did you vote for these lobbyists to write laws? I didn’t.

https://www.fastcompany.com/3051823/when-lobbyists-write-legislation-this-data-mining-tool-traces-the-paper-trail

1 Like

Ron Wyden deserves to be in office.

No more than any of the other politicians who talk out of both sides of their mouths. :roll_eyes:

Have drug liability lawsuits been limited by inflation?

That’s been going on for decades, it is often the lobbyists who know the most about the subject of the legislation.

The lobbyists also work for both sides, pro and con with respect to any pending or proposed legislation.

Of course. Doesn’t matter who wins elections either if you play both sides to get what you want.

It’s not just that. There are lobbying groups both pro and con for virtually every political issue and they’ll be the ones the politicians on both sides are relying on.

Let’s face it, no politician can have expertise on every subject nor can they afford to hire enough experts on their own staff to cover all of the issues.

They don’t need to have expertise on every subject. That’s why there are different subcommittees. They just need to do their job and stop delegating it to people who weren’t duly elected to do it.

Leaving such things to the committees is delegating it to others as well. Where do you think the committee members are getting their info? It’s the same sources.

I’m talking about Congress. I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

That’s what both of us are talking about.

It’s inevitable that politicians do that, so it doesn’t bother me.

So the people on Congressional committees aren’t elected? News to me

and again, where do you think they are getting their info and who is writing the bills? Those bills generally are written by the committee members ie their lobbyists.

Well thanks for that invaluable contribution to the discussion. :roll_eyes:

Some do it more than others, but they all do it. I look for ones who don’t do it asmuch as the others. Wyden is good because he cares very much about restricting government surveillance and has the record to prove it.