Dropping charges on the Russians

It was “shown”? When?

Yes. They got an image of the server at the time the server was hacked.

There is no need to have a look at the physical server, only the data that is on it.

2 Likes

Yes or no.

Did you read the transcript?

1 Like

The FBI disagrees with you. As evidenced by their repeated requests for same.

from https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/313555-comey-fbi-did-request-access-to-hacked-dnc-servers

The FBI requested direct access to the Democratic National Committee’s (DNC) hacked computer servers but was denied, Director James Comey told lawmakers on Tuesday.

The bureau made “multiple requests at different levels,” according to Comey, but ultimately struck an agreement with the DNC that a “highly respected private company” would get access and share what it found with investigators.

“We’d always prefer to have access hands-on ourselves if that’s possible,” Comey said, noting that he didn’t know why the DNC rebuffed the FBI’s request.

So tell me, how can you take an image of the time a server was hacked months or years later? SInce during that time between the alleged hack, and the image information is written to the server, and deleted?

Oh and lied about the FBI ever having requested it.

from https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/313555-comey-fbi-did-request-access-to-hacked-dnc-servers

The DNC told BuzzFeed in a statement published last week that the FBI never requested access to its servers after they were breached.

But a senior law enforcement official disputed that characterization the following day.

“The FBI repeatedly stressed to DNC officials the necessity of obtaining direct access to servers and data, only to be rebuffed until well after the initial compromise had been mitigated,” the official said.

An image of the server is a snapshot of a place in time.

Having the physical server, which is spread out over a cloud, is a lot less useful.

Why when looking at 1’s and 0’s does one need to look at the physical hardware?

2 Likes

They were in the middle of an election.

The image was enough.

1 Like

Woo HOO!

Libs sure know that!!

Not according the the FBI

Snapshot of a place in time, taken at a later date.

It’s like me going down to my downtown district and taking a picture and saying something about the road. Modifications have been made and deleted over the years.

So again, how are they getting an exact snapshot of the time the alleged hack occured? How are they seing information that was there that could have been deleted at a later time? How are they not seing information that was added at a later time? How are they seing information that may have been delted and overwritten?

Well from the Crowdstrike transcript that no one read.

MR. SWALWELL: Can you describe how disruptive it would be to turnover custody of your Servers to the FBI for a client like that or any other client in asituation like this?
MR.HENRY:How disruptive it would be to turn over?
MR’SWALWELL:Well, l guess my question is , when you hear in the public realm, you know, why didn’t the DNC just turn over their seryers to the FBI ‘and you’re telling us that images, according to the FBl, were sufficient, just for argument’s sake, what does turning over the servers to the FBI mean practically to an organization that is still functioning and relying upon those servers?
MR. HENRY: When I hear somebody say "turning over the seruers,"based on my experience, it’s not turning over the actual server; it’s an image of the server.
\MR. SWALWELL: okay. And, in your experience, comparing this case to other clients that you’ve had or in your work at the FBl, you believe that the images were sufficient for the FBI to understand what had occurred?
MR. HENRY: I believe that the FBI got everything that they asked for that related to the DNC from us. Everything that we had access to related to imagesand servers, when they asked for it, they got it’

Mind explaining just how it would be more disruptive for the FBI to clone their servers than to let crowdstrike do it? And no, they didn’t get everything they asked for unless you are calling Comey a liar now.

They gave to the FBI the same image that they used to determine what happened.

Because by that time the mitigation efforts had begun.

Why give evidence of a crime scene after the cleanup instead of before?

Can’t even begin to decipher this. Are you seriously asking me why you would turn over direct evidence of a crime to law enforcement?

The image of the server is direct evidence.

Well, except that it’s not at all like you going somewhere and taking a photograph with a camera.

right click, open previous version…

Servers have special “things” that make them servers…