Dr. Bornstein tells us what we all knew was true

. . . on Twitter.

I love Mamet. I wonder what his take on Trump is. He’s kind of a conservative/libertarian obnoxious dude though so I might be disappointed.

Probably. I sort of loved him in the '80s and '90s. I like him less now, but that predates his political conversion, which seems comically unreflective and boneheaded (in his own account). Like: could I depend on you for some insight, Dave? (No). It’s more that his mannerisms don’t seem that novel or interesting to me now.

On a semirelated note: I concede that when rightwinger Johnny Ramone said “God bless George Bush!” at the lectern during the Ramones induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, it was the most punk-rock thing he could have done at at that moment, and I’ve always appreciated it. :slight_smile:

I agree with both things there…Mamet is a conservative just to piss off his liberal friends I think.

Side note - here in jersey we have a ting called the Punk Rock Flea Market. Marky Ramone was signing autographs and it was a pretty sad sight to behold. Really strange.

Oh, Marky.

While we’re digressing from Dr. Bornstein: I’ve actually spent a little bit of time with CJ Ramone. He was in the Marines.

Interesting. Quirky bunch those Ramones.

Not really a fan of punk rock music, but do enjoy the timeless counter culture nature of the scene.

Darn, they got the records. Now we will probably never know about trumps cocaine habit. Remember all the sniffing during the campaign? A lot of people are saying it’s all the coke he snorts. Believe me.

One of the best scenes from the Simpsons right after the Ramones perform Happy Birthday for Mr. Burns:

Burn’s: Smither’s Have the Rolling Stone’s killed!
Smithers: But sir those arent the!
Burn’s: DO AS I SAY!

2 Likes

Now to split hairs.

Doc says The Don dictated it.

Did the doc say what was in it was factually wrong?

Asking for a friend :smile:

Of course not. Trump really is the healthiest person ever to be elected President.

1 Like

Well, for one thing, unless they dug up Washington, Adams, Jeffereson, etc… it’s not accurate that trump was the most fit pres ever.

The writers for Futurama did a simulated fighting tournament between all of the presidents based on their health at the time they held office and Teddy Roosevelt took Lincoln in the final round. This was pre Trump but I think the result stays the same.

1 Like

Teddy was a real bad ass.

Wasn’t he sickly as a kid? Or am I misremembering my History Channel info?

Of course. Trump hires only the most corrupt lunatic sycophants.

1 Like

No, it’s entirely possible that an obese 70 year old has In fact cheated death by unraveling the secret to preserving one’s life battery via gluttonous sedentarianism.

1 Like

Look man, a heart’s only good for so many beats. That’s proven science.

1 Like

Do you find it ethical for a physician to not only allow a patient to dictate their health report but then to willingly sign off on it?

My band opened for CJ Ramone a couple months ago. Nice fella.

Okay Trump. Whatever.

:sunglasses:

1 Like