Dow has now officially had it's worst week in a decade

But only like the eight best percent gain. And this after losing 3000 points in less than a month. Yesterday’s gain got us back to Friday’s levels and with today’s futures we are back to 1pm yesterday.

What was the Dow at on Jan 1 2018 and what is its level now?

(I will be shocked if you respond to this post)

Oh, but I have no problem responding!

Is The Washington Post in error?

JWK

"Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none have been more effectual than that which deludes them with paper money. This is the most effectual of inventions to fertilize the rich man’s field by the sweat of the poor man’s brow."_____ Daniel Webster.

Biggest point gain (not biggest percent gain) after the worst December. Great that WaPo is correct, but should everyone be clapping about that? Should we be clapping the market is negative for the year?

You failed to answer the question posed to you, after stating you had no problem responding. Fascinating.

2 Likes

At least Trump hasn’t started a nuclear war yet. I think we should all be celebrating that.

2 Likes

The Post is correct, now actually respond to my question.

No. Absolutely not. It has been a completely lost year in the market. And this wild volatility is not something that anyone should be praising or proud of.

1 Like

And the Presidents poll numbers would likely ascend like the mushroom cloud over DC.

No. I’m not interested. I simply wanted to “shock” you by responding to your post as you directed.

JWK

"We have, in this country, one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board. This evil institution has impoverished the people of the United States and has practically bankrupted our government. It has done this through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it". — Congressman Louis T. McFadden in 1932 (Rep. Pa)

I suspect the ‘shock’ would be if you responded by answering @hindsight’s question.

3 Likes

Suckers bounce, and here they are touting it,

And if the market gives up half of yesterday’s gains… we are still up from Monday… so everyone rejoice!!!

The Russel 2000 on Jan 6th 2017 was at 1367.28

Right now it is 1311.07.

Celebrate the great market victory of the President!!!

Coward…

Nobody is shocked that the question was dodged

It’s the Huckabee Doctrine! Well played!

2 Likes

AKA the Boiled Bunnies Doctrine…

Hey his charitable foundation was closed down for stealing and corruption, the stock market is tanking, he shut down the government, he fired everyone with an ounce of sense in his cabinet, he continues to rage tweet daily and he is under 17 different investigations but…

He didn’t boil any bunnies!!!

2 Likes

December 24th:

The stock market is free-falling! DRUUUMMMMPHHH!!!

December 26th:

Highest gain in history? FAT DONALD!

December 27th:

Haha! The economy is failing! ORANGE BOZO!

lol :popcorn:

Yayyy???

Clap louder.