Dow has now officially had it's worst week in a decade

“Last week the Dow lost 1,655 points, or 6.8 percent. That was the Dow’s worst week of trading since October 2008 during the financial crisis. The S&P 500 also lost 7 percent for the week and is now down 17.8 percent from its record reached earlier in the year. Wall Street traditionally considers a drop of 20 percent or more from recent highs to be a bear market… The Nasdaq Composite is now 22 percent below its record reached in August and is in a bear market.”

Trump seems determined to scare the ■■■■ out of the market by publicly trashing the fed. Smart!

Wonder how long Powell can last at this rate, as Trump is sure to look for something to blame, other than his giant mouth and the constant chaos he creates.

The stock market demands a concrete wall, not slats!

2 Likes

The fed is the enemy of the economy!

2 Likes

I’m soooo tired of all this winning…

1 Like

Apostate!

The problem is that the slats are not pointy enough. More slats pointier!

That’s what the market demdns.

1 Like

As much as I believe that Donald Trump is unfit for office, I hope this market issue doesn’t get any worse.

1 Like

Agreed. My 401k is posting its worst losses since 2008.

Agreed.

Fortunately, there’s less than an hour of trading left in the day.

Maybe a midweek day off will cool things down. It wouldn’t hurt either if the administration would take that time as well to just shut the ■■■■ up.

1 Like

Yup…

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1035125176617365504?s=20

Dow in free fall- let’s see if it can get above 22 k before end of trading.

Treasury Secretary Mnuchin’s decision to call the top banks yesterday is backfiring splendidly. And supposedly he is calling the top Investment Firms today. God help us all.

Not a good move. These guys have the reverse Midas touch at the moment. Really, just get the ■■■■ out of Dodge and leave the markets alone.

Going through 21.9k today or worse is not out of reach at this point.

1 Like

Everything they touch turns to ■■■■■

1 Like

Reverse Midas Touch. Lol

Well explained. Yes, they need to stop. All of them. They’re just making it worse.

Mnunchin is a laughing stock. No one takes him seriously.

1 Like

They are reporting that this is the worst December since the Great Depression. Trump has always treated the market as a report card on his presidency. So I am scared that he might make some radical moves. He certainly did not listen to the warnings about doing a trade war with China, which I think is a major factor steering the market.

Hopefully Sean and Rush can give him the sage advice Trump needs to turn the market around.

1 Like

Amen to this!
Back in 2008, my 401k got ravaged. I got to the point I stopped opening my statements.

This is exactly what I needed to happen in order to return the nice stuff I got for people for Christmas and replace it with socks.

Nasdaq at -5% in one day…