DOW 27,000 šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø - America on the verge of a new roaring twenties under Trump's stewardship

But the Dow is?
What else is accurate? Trump? Your feelings?

GDP is the defining figure of an economy. Thatā€™s like saying a measuring stick isnā€™t accurate. It is what it says it is.

Its a peddled narrative.

Notice that its American flags and cheering when Dow hits 27K, but post that the GDP for a quarter is abysmal, and suddenly, GDP is not accurate.

Iā€™m having a little trouble with my history here, what happened at the end of the Roaring Twenties? It was a Great Something but I canā€™t remember what.

1 Like

A Great Success.

Also keep in mind that the economy is so super fantastic that in no way can it handle these super duper crazy high interest rates of 2.5%

2 Likes

You know, it was a depression, but they call it ā€œgreatā€, so it sounds bad but it was really great. a lot of people were around back then and they all called it great.

1 Like

It didnā€™t. Ever. Except for Trump.

Let me pee on the parade.

1 Like

Since January 26, 2018, the Dow is up 1.7%. Forgive me if 1.7% growth over almost 18 months doesnā€™t make me jump for joy. Especially since that occurred with full unemployment, high deficit spending and low interest rates. If unemployment rises, a recession hits, and there is no way to lower interest ratesā€¦weā€™re screwed.

4 Likes

Yes, itā€™s a nice parade but, I need to goā€¦

it didnā€™t what ?

This cannot be repeated enough for a thread like this. And that 1.7% growth is after the massive deficit exploding tax cuts.

This country is screwed.

6 Likes

I have a bad feeling about this news.

Anyone who cheers the return to the roaring 20s is probably very ignorant of what happened right after.

2 Likes

Yeah, I definitely want to jump off the float before it crashes.

Context is important. During the ā€œGreat Recessionā€ the Fed was able to stem some of the damage by cutting rates from 5.25% to 0.25%. The current rate is 2.5%. If that is cut further, there will be little the Fed can do to help.

They will most likely make rates go negative in the next recession saying, ā€œThereā€™s nothing else we can do!ā€ or some stupid ā– ā– ā– ā–  like that.

Papering over the fact that their ideas were stupid.

Sure. Then deflation hits and weā€™re super screwed.

this wouldnā€™t have happened

The record high.