Don't call us Mormons

I was thinking of the massive north/south Mesoamerican, civilization they created around the same time as the ancient Romans and just as large and sophisticated, that wiped itself in a series of battles involving 100,000’s of troops in north America. The indigenous tribes at the time of Columbus were supposes to be the remains of this great civilization. Of course, they’ve never been able to find any remains of this civilizations or these great ‘‘battles’’

Oh, you can call me Ray, or you…

Yeah, that was pretty Joseph Smith’s line.

I had thought Mormonism wasn’t classified as Christianity? I know nothing about their core beliefs other than its a mixture of the Bible and Joseph Smith.

That being said every Mormon I have met have been super nice, and always super happy lol. Same with Jehova Witnesses , I know nothing about them but they seem like great people when I have interacted with them.

It’s a matter of opinion. they believe they are, I don’t believe most Christians believe they are. I don’t. There’s no real connection other than their say so.

I agree. Just about every Mormon and every Jehovah’s Witness I’ve know are very nice people. That doesn’t make them Christians but as far as I’m concerned that really doesn’t matter.

I can say the about every Jew and Muslim I’ve know as well. In fact one of the wisest people I have ever met was a Rabbi.

So will LDS. This has been tried before and hasn’t worked.

Mormons believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and died on the cross to wash away our sins.
That’s all that Paul told the Philippian jailer he needed to believe to be saved.

Then why don’t they just become Christians and leave all the other ■■■■ BEHIND. Have you really looked, in any depth into Mormonism.

You ever looked into all the stuff evangelicals, Catholics, Calvinists, Orthodox, etc. believe?

Everyone thinks everyone else’s form of religion is wrong or wacky. It’s just the way of the world.

Are you Mormon?

Hell no.

I’m a deist from a southern Protestant background.

Do you have an in-depth knowledge of Mormonism?

I admit, not a deep one.

I have a lot of issues with what I know about of it. The historical view of black people is disgusting.

But I’m of the view that as long as you aren’t using your religion to oppress people I don’t care.

Well, I’ve spent a lot of time in Utah, some working, a lot skiing, dated a jack-Mormon girl for awhile and have a good knowledge of their beliefs.

The differences between evangelicals, Catholics, Calvinists, Orthodox are about this far apart in ‘‘Christianity’’ as(holds thumb and finger 1mm apart) compared to ‘‘Christianity’’ and Mormonism that are this far apart as(hold arms as far apart as possible). Get the picture.

I’ve looked into it a lot.
Tell me what you think they need to do to become Christians.

1 Like

Denounce all that Mormonism crap and pick and any mainline Christian sect if they think the christian jesus thing is what they want.

They would be better off dissolving the church and urging their followers to go join a mainline church. If they denounce Mormonism that’s pretty much what they’ve done.

I dunno about that first part. Protestants and Catholics spent about 400 years slaughtering each other. Their differences were pretty serious.

1 Like

Oh I see. It’s ancient mythology vs modern mythology. Ancient mythology good. Modern bad. Got it.