Donations to White Supremacists are currently tax deductible

Given the increasing pressure on shutting these groups out of other revenue streams, I expect these “charities” will become the most popular remaining method.

Pretty disgusting, but with an anaemically funded IRS and stupidly vague rules covering 501c3’s and 4’s it’s not surprising.

Perhaps if this gains steam it will prod congress into tightening those regulations a bit, but i’ll be surprised if they do.

We need government approved thought and speech. Anything else should be unacceptable.

2 Likes

I’m struggling to link that post to white supremacists evading taxes by creating fake charities.

4 Likes

It doesn’t have to be a charity.

“Tax exemption under The exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3) are charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition, and preventing cruelty to children or animals.”

I know. They’re labelling themselves as educational organisations.

Do you think VDare or Richard Spencer’s National Policy institute are educational organisations?

I don’t know what they do. You started out on the wrong foot by labeling them “fake charities”. They don’t claim to be a charity. You knew that. Why did you post that?

Because i’m sleep deprived and haven’t had any caffeine.

Call them 501c(3)'s and (4)'s if you prefer, bit of a mouthful though.

Here is Richard Spencer speaking at the National Policy Institute conference in '16:

Educational organisation? Think tank? I think not.

But currently not only tax exempt, but tax deductible.

Um people call them charities colloquially because you write the money off as charitable donations. Sooooo

So because people misidentify them to begin with- they are fake if they are not what they are falsely called?
If I falsely call you a ballet dancer are you a fake if you aren’t one?

Oh God you’re not going to get out a dictionary next, are you?

1 Like

No one likes Richard Spencer dear God he has a following of a few 100 retards and the left is doing their best to prop him up as some sort of speaker for the GOP.

I just read from politico that the left is running on intersectionality, do people even know how divisive this? It’s pitting people into groups based on skin color and which group claims they are the most oppressed. It is literally the politics of division. There not even worried about courting the white working class, as they are more privileged and are not worthy.

This is dangerous stuff, and the direct opposite of what MLK believed in.

From the article

“Democrats thinking about running for president in 2020 are dramatically changing the way the party talks about race in Donald Trump’s America: Get ready to hear a lot more about intersectionality, allyship, inclusivity and POC.

White and nonwhite Democratic hopefuls are talking more explicitly about race than the party’s White House aspirants ever have — and shrugging off warnings that embracing so-called identity politics could distract from the party’s economic message and push white voters further into Donald Trump’s arms.”

“Strategically sound or not, “identity politics” isn’t going anywhere. And candidates are learning the hard way that there’s less room for error than ever, especially if they are white.”

So the basic message here is don’t vote on talent or who’s the most qualified candidate but instead on the number of oppressed members of society one has on their staff (Even considering these oppressed people are pulling in minimally around 200k a year. I am hoping not everyone in the Democratic Party is embracing this crap it’s as if Buzzfeed is defining what it means to be a modern democrat.

No. You’re trying to deflect. If you keep knowingly making false statements no one will pay any attention to you.

Who is the judge of what is white supremacy or anything else ineligible to be tax deductible? This is a slippery slope.

Tax deductability status is not a right. It’s a privelege afforded to encourage charitable donations and assist organisations that work for the good of the country for no profit.

Are they educational organisations, working for the betterment of the country? Or are they white supremacist organisations gaming the system to avoid paying taxes? Certainly looks like the latter.

I agree that a tax deductible donation should be highly scrutinized. What I’m referring to is if it becomes in any way political vs altruism?

501c3’s already have restrictions in place in terms of political behaviour, though it’s almost impossible to enforce. They can’t endorse political candidates and have limits on their ability to lobby.

I’m not sure what you mean in terms of political vs altruism.

If they’re gaming the system to avoid paying taxes, which is exactly what it looks like, then I can’t see how stripping their status would be in any way a slippery slope. VDARE is in no way an educational organisation, they’re a white supremacist propaganda outfit.

Richard Spencer’s organisation claims it’s main purpose is to: “conduct research and nonpartisan analyses and education on public issues, including social, cultural, and governance issues affecting the (U.S.) and other nations in the world.”

Think that’s legit?

What about Communists like Obama and his American haters, do they do it?

There seem to be more troll accounts like yours here these days than actual Trump supporters. Can’t say I blame them for keeping a low profile.

7 Likes

What does Planned Parenthood “label” themselves as? Donations to PP are tax deductible and worse yet taxpayers are forced to fund them as well.

What’s your point and how does it relate to the OP?