Donald Trump Doesn't Answer the Question

For a guy whose fans think he tells it like it is, the answer Donald Trump gave Jeanine Pirro last night was surprisingly evasive.

She asked him the question of the hour: “Are you a Russian agent?”

Response: “I think it’s the most insulting thing I’ve ever been asked. I think it’s the most insulting article I’ve ever had written. And if you read the article you’d see that they found absolutely nothing.”

He did not answer the question. He didn’t say “No.” He insulted the idea behind the accusation. He insulted the article. He said there is no evidence, but his comments were a deflection from the question. This has to be the most absurd question ever posed to an American President, “Is your loyalty to the United States?” He should be angry about the question, but he should remember to answer it.

A real journalist would have asked a follow up question, but Jeanine Pirro is not a real journalist. She’s a Republican Party flack with radio and TV shows and she was just doing her job.

Trump made a point that “they” had not found anything. Maybe. The New York Times edits any article that they know will be as impactful as this one with great care. The Times made a point that it was describing what was available in “disclosed” evidence. Their copy editors knew fully well that such phrasing contained a message. They could have written “evidence” instead but their decision to describe “disclosed evidence” suggests strongly that there is more to come.

2 Likes

Reporter to OJ Simpson: “Did you murder your wife?”

OJ: “What an insulting question. I was acquitted!”

5 Likes

If anyone told me 5 years ago that a major news channel would be asking the sitting president of the United States if he was an agent of a hostile foreign government, I would be calling you an idiot.

7 Likes

Agreed. But now there is a traitor idiot occupying the White House. And a bunch of equally traitorous idiots voted for him gleefully. And a bunch of traitorous idiots continue to support him. Thankfully that latter group continues to get smaller and smaller though. I cannot imagine how worse off we would be right now if Trump has even the most basic intellect and had worked to expand his base, rather than shrink it.

2 Likes

Trump doth protest too much.

Clearly Trump is admitting that he works for the Russians.

3 Likes

At least u can admit that. Yet u stir support him?

You said it.

just what George Washington and the founders (and the troops) fought for.

Spot on.

I couldn’t agree more. I know that one thing many of Trump’s supporters value him for is that he is an “outsider” to the political process but he is know looking so far outside of the mainstream of American as to be…

It’s not a clear admission… certainly not a confession that would stand up in a court of law. All the witness has to say was that that he found the question so insulting he was reacting emotionally… of course I’m not a Russian agent.

But it’s a very suggestive statement, made worse by Pirro’s failure to ask a follow-up. But, sadly, I expect little from Judge Jeanine, whose career is marked by one famous event – she was the District Attorney who let Robert Durst get away with killing his wife a few decades back. Maybe Pirro has a soft spot the children of successful real estate developers.

Trump could admit he is an agent of a foreign government and his supporters would still support him.

2 Likes

He has said as much. Why wouldn’t working with such a big country not be a good thing?

1 Like

What’s more disturbing is that a major “news” channel has so much influence on a sitting president. And don’t give me the old “DNC/CNN/MSNBC” fable that’s been thrown around ad nauseum based on mere observations. Anyone who knows the workings of the media knows that is not true. But the actual comments by Trump on social media not to mention interviews he’s done prove there’s clearly a love between Trump and a major “news” channel that is clearly outside the bounds of real journalism. It’s disturbing. Very disturbing.

LOL.

Trump: "I’m a very honest person, frankly.

Seems legit.

I think I kind of like that many Trump supporters have grandparents and great grandparents that fought (or worked against) Russia and people like Putin while building close relationships with our true allies.

They’re pretty much spitting on their relative’s graves while backing a Yankee conman.

1 Like

Yeah, really. He’s never lied, right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

He’s never lied to his multiple wives or kids.

Yeah, there’s been little questioning of The Don’s comments about this in some corners. I wonder what’ll shake those feelings up?