Don’t wear skullcaps, German government warns Jews

Getting a bit familiar over in Deutschland. You’ll be safe as long as you do the right thing by not wearing your Jew clothes outside. We’ll get around to fixing this though, eventually! lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/05/28/german-official-warned-against-wearing-jewish-kippah-after-backlash-he-urged-all-germans-put-them-support/

“An official has triggered a fierce debate in Germany for saying over the weekend that it might at times not be safe for Jews to wear the traditional kippah skullcap in the country, more than seven decades after the end of the Holocaust.”

The New York Times article on this subject is not terribly clear - at one point it notes that “90 percent of the episodes…were linked to the country’s far right groups,” but then provides an example from last year of a Syrian teenager attacking a man wearing a skullcap.

Is this recent round of anti-Semitism fueled by far right groups, Muslim immigrants, or both?

Somehow I think Islamic immigration is not going to be mentioned in this article… .

Its both they equally hate Jews.

The recent surge in anti semitism in Germany is on par with other western European countries such as Sweden, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands. Not trying to sound condescending but these countries haven’t had a massive wave of migration of skinheads in the last few years. Parts of eastern Germany, especially around Dresden has always had a presence of racism, however it’s not been as a big of an issue in other major cities of Germany.

I am not sure why the NYT’s is skirting around the issue they have wrote about it before in an article about Sweden.

"STOCKHOLM — This past Saturday, a Hanukkah party at a synagogue in Goteborg, Sweden, was abruptly interrupted by Molotov cocktails. They were hurled by a gang of men in masks at the Jews, mostly teenagers, who had gathered to celebrate the holiday.

Two days later, two fire bombs were discovered outside the Jewish burial chapel in the southern Swedish city of Malmo.

Who knows what tomorrow may bring?

For Sweden’s 18,000 Jews, sadly, none of this comes as a surprise. They are by now used to anti-Semitic threats and attacks — especially during periods of unrest in the Middle East, which provide cover to those whose actual goal has little to do with Israel and much to do with harming Jews.

Both of these recent attacks followed days of incitement against Jews. Last Friday, 200 people protested in Malmo against President Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. The protesters called for an intifada and promised “we will shoot the Jews.” A day later, during a demonstration in Stockholm, a speaker called Jews “apes and pigs.” There were promises of martyrdom."

1 Like

It’s my understanding that the media is spinning this as the result of far right groups but that it’s actually due to Muslim immigrants. Their media is attempting to protect the globalization/immigration policies of Merkel. This is happening throughout Europe and native born citizens are now voting against these policies.

This post is insane. To deny that it is extreme right wing groups would be laughable if not so scary.

Two things; one…the Jews should not be told to cow down. That’s already happened and ended up resulting in one of the worst massacres in human history. If you’re looking for insane…that’s how I equate that request. Two…the source I’m using to state this is a Jewish journalist but…I’m sure you think you know better?

You didn’t provide a source.

You used no sources. Plus if that’s really what your source said, then it is outlier.

Here…now go into denial and attack the source.

1 Like

Random YouTube videos? I would fail a high school freshmen who tried to pass that off as a sort. Sorry for having standards.

1 Like

:rofl:

Color me unsurprised.

You guys really need to work on the whole critical thinking thing. Don’t believe things just because you want to believe them.

Avi Yemeni is Australian. He doesn’t speak for German Jews, and he doesn’t have any secret knowledge of the situation.

He is as informed as I am, and his opinion is no more valid than mine, or anyone else here’s.

It’s ok my friend. As the world is changing, I’m trying to evolve with it. One of the things I’m surmising is that the news stations are all owned by a few and it’s the same memes…I mean right down to the exact same choices of words, being used, throughout our nation that’s being passed off as “the news”. When I see that Jesse Smollet, the Covington Kids and so many other news articles that are being passed off as “the news” that turns out to be total bull feces, sheople food…I listen but tend to look for other sources. Then I listen to other sources and then the next and the next and the next. After a while, a pattern of credibility forms where I consider how much “trust” I can put into the source? I like this guy. Now you do with it as you will but I’ll share this with you…your “standards” I’ve found…to all to often be sheople food…and I think that’s baaaa, baaaaa, baaaaad.

1 Like

I don’t understand your argument here. You appear to be arguing that the news is untrustworthy- so therefore we should believe anyone with a webcam who uploads a video to YouTube?

3 Likes

You have to understand that from our perspective, all those ■■■■■■■ conspiracy videos that you seem to love so much are the “sheeple food”.

You see that, right?

Baaah baahhh baah.

Thanks doc. What I found to be more important than his home, was his religion…and that’s Jewish. He’s zeroed in on this and is providing some insight, outside of the MSM.

Yes…and I understand. You don’t know me or how I operate and that’s fine but I’ll give people a chance, to say their piece…and as time goes on…can then formulate their scorecard of credibility. I like this guy and listen. I may not buy every word but…i hear what he says and then keep my eyes open to the possibilities that he’s outlined.

I’m Jewish too.

Does that mean you’ll just take my word for it?

2 Likes

IMO…it gives you more credibility on the subject and if there’s something you’d like to add on this, I’d like to hear it?