Don Blankenship for Senate

So is the outrage over conditions that led to lost lives just fake, or selective?

What? He was convicted. Nine people had died.

He’ll still get a lot of votes.

He is going to get a lot of votes because the other 2 Candidates were acting like Children on the stage.

I wouldn’t vote for him.
And if he gets the votes then it would be seen that people have forgiven him for what he did time on.

Seems you don’t like the way democracy works or how our Legal system works and that people can be forgiven of the crimes they were convicted of.

yes, as we saw in the Presidential election that’s a killer.

1 Like

I think what some of us don’t like is this repeating narrative of Republicans choosing reprehensible people as their standard bearers and then acting as if they had no real choice in the matter.

Personal Responsibility at it’s finest.

This all happened to Blankenship’s company BEFORE the explosion that killed 29 humans…

"In the previous month, the authorities cited the mine for 57 safety infractions. The mine received two safety citations the day before the explosion, 600 in the preceding 18 months, and 1,342 in the preceding five years. "

Good, If Blankenship wins that is good for Joe Manchin who is easily one of the top 10 best Senators we have.

here’s a picture of the miners who lost their lives. they look like they could be you or me.

Uh-oh.

What ted Kennedy was wrong, totally wrong.

Does that excuse Blankenship?

I hope he wins the primary however.

Allan

Of course you do because Manchin will sail to another term. Cocaine Mitch knows this. So does anyone with any political sense.

Hopefully either Jenkins or Morrissey win the primary and retire Joe. However many R primary voters have proven they are quite stupid.

He’s a dirtbag, no doubt about it.

There are two problems here. The first is Jenkins and Morrissey have mostly been attacking each other. The second is Blankenship is very wealthy and can self fund. He’s way outspent the other two.

Would be just like R primary voters to give away another winnable race.

Chinaperson? I mean seriously what the ■■■■■

Based on the other guys if I was from WV I would vote for him.

It would be a better contest, if Don doen’t win Joe will tear either of the other two apart.

Yep, i’m sure the coal country voters will have no problem voting for a guy responsible for the deaths of 29 miners.

Why?

Democrat super PAC are flowing money be hide this guy, hope he will win.

It’d be fun to watch.

But i’m not dismissing his chances completely. He’s blaming his conviction on “Obama DoJ”, and the mine explosion on federal regulations (lol).

There’s a particular kind of voter that that might play well with.

Well there you go. Unfortunately at least some of WV primary voters will agree. I just hope enough of them vote for Jenkins and Morrisey, so we at least have a chance of retiring Manchin.