DOJ is moving forward on McCabe lying

The deadline is Friday for the DOJ to do anything.

I look forward to Thursday afternoon.

Womp, womp.

“The DoJ has no plans to indict McCabe and will not block the release of documents related to the case.”

BUT THE DECLASS

2 Likes

■■■■■ I forgot about that.
@Weedhopper do you know when this is going to happen?

So which deep–stater got to the DOJ to keep them from indicting McCabe?

I’m all seriousness, how can an AUSA not get a federal grand jury indictment? Ham sandwiches and all that. The federal courts have a conviction rate north of eighty percent.

Yabbut, that’s only for people who actually committed some kind of crime.

I’d hate to have been the guy or gal that morosely shuffled into the office and said that a GJ turned him or her down.

It’d have to look like Eeeyore, except I doubt the rest of the office would be as understanding as Christopher Robin and Piglet. They probably got laughed out of the room.

1 Like

Here it is, Thursday afternoon. Did anything happen?

Any news today?

I mean, beyond the President live-tweeting the impeachment hearingintimidating witnesses in realtime and Roger Stone being convicted on all counts?

Any news on this?

1 Like

I haven’t heard anything. @Weedhopper was all excited for Thursday afternoon, maybe he’s heard something?

Maybe Barr will do something after the lunch hour. Bring an indictment or something. Hard to see where he’d have the time. He’d be better off counseling his client to stop intimidating witnesses, since he ceased representing the United States and the Constitution.

1 Like

Yep. He’s just another one of Trump’s lawyers at this point.

1 Like

Any news yet on the McCabe indictment? On the FISA declassification? On any H. Clinton indictments?

1 Like

Are you still holding your breath waiting for this to happen.

McCabe will not be indicted.

Allan

Not a thing. But keep your hope alive - they still have all day to indict McCabe.

1 Like

Update from hearing yesterday…

“This is not a hard case,” U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton said. “I was a good prosecutor for a long time. Deciding whether or not you’re going to charge someone with false statements or perjury is not that hard, factually or legally — maybe politically, but not factually or legally.”

“Shouldn’t I know whether the wool was being pulled over my eyes?” Walton said. “I do have concerns about whether I was being manipulated into stopping this case from moving forward.”

1 Like

I get the feeling this means the answer two whether McCabe will be indicted today is, “no.”

There’s still time, I guess.

agreed he could join Mr Stone in the slammer