DOJ: If Watergate Happened Today, We’d Block Evidence From Congress

Actually what Schiff suggested was that his staff coordinate the contact with the FBI and what was given them.

How does this square with you assertion that Schiff only reported this call to the FBI after he got caught.

1 Like

Personally I think this is just the standard Trump tactic transposed from the business world to his presidency. He mires things down in the legal system until people get frustrated and either give up or make bargains to end things quickly.

If allowed to run due course, he will not win. So, delay and frustrate until people give up or make a deal. He has done this with multiple loan defaults and now he’s using it to delay the inevitable investigation.

His quote is right there. He suggested coordinating with the FBI and his committee.

You are falling behind, and WR is about to eat your lunch.

Mirror, mirror on the wall…

Enough shooting into the cesspool.

How does this square with you assertion that Schiff only reported this call to the FBI after he got caught.

Start at the 7:50 mark where Schifty says he wants to meet with them and get the materials for his committed “and for the FBI”.

Well, that tactic isn’t going to work here.

He can’t exhaust Congresss’ funds for litigation.

Actually he could. No budget has been passed and the clock is winding down.

:rofl:

The desperation behind your attempts at deflection is, on some level, entertaining to me.

What is going to burn your biscuits is that WR and I had ZERO back channels about this, that is your gig, not ours.

I just know my good friend well.

Nicely done WR.

You should really take a step back, and think about this.

What I said is completely accurate, I don’t need to step back.

You might know Senior Mod, what is good for the goose…

See you on the road.

Yes. Trump can, by failing to sign an appropriations bill, “defund” Congress.

Is that something you support?

It simply “is”. He’s got a big hammer to use going into the fall.

I’m aware of what “is”.

I’m asking - where do you stand?

Is that too hard of a question? Do you need to wait until tomorrow, when you’ve gotten your talking points?

2 Likes

Gee. Thanks for providing the audio for the text of the quote I posted.

Can either of you explain to me how Schiff advised the caller to contact the FBI and reported it to the FBI only after he got caught? That was the claim I responded to. You guys only seem to be making an argument against that claim.