DOJ: If Watergate Happened Today, We’d Block Evidence From Congress

Evidence that only came to light after the Supreme Court ruled he couldn’t keep it hidden.

Trump’s lawyers are arguing that SCOTUS decision was incorrect.

Somehow it’s fine when democrats actually enlist foreign aid to bring down a candidate or sitting president but Trump needs to be impeached over collusion that never happened, and a quid pro quo phone call that didn’t exist.

Don’t hurt your back, carrying those goalposts.

3 Likes

It’s been fascinating watching you “evolve” on Nixon.

1 Like

How exactly have I “evolved”?

You need to brush up on your Watergate history. The initial judiciary committee vote on an impeachment inquiry was literally along party lines.

Maybe you should read what I wrote instead of imagining what isn’t there.

Once the evidence was made public the call for impeachment was bipartisan.

Correct.

Now, the follow-up: how did that evidence become public?

1 Like

No, “we” aren’t redoing Watergate. The DoJ is. If you would have read the article, you’d understand that. The DoJ is literally saying the evidence used in the Watergate impeachment inquiry was illegal and never should have been given to Congress.

You agree with the DoJ? Nixon should never have resigned, as the evidence was illegal?

1 Like

Sorry “Senior Mod”, perhaps I should not mention Congressman Schiff accepting dirt on Trump from a “Russian” prankster.

Mind telling us where “Russia Russia Russia!” went?
:exploding_head:

1 Like

And you should have read what I said. It was partisan until the evidence was released. That release of evidence is what is being challenged by today’s DoJ. So again, do you agree that the Watergate evidence should never have been given to Congress?

Imagination is all they have, and now we live there rent free.

We already know that and it’s not a point in contention so move on.

Is it just me or are the arguments here getting more and more circular and pointless?

Hey, it has not been three months, maybe I should not be here… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Schiff reported that call to the FBI and he directed the caller to contact the FBI as well.

Well, that’s not true. It is a point of contention, because Trump’s lawyers are claiming the Court ruling that released that evidence was decided incorrectly.

I have asked you to go on record with your opinion a number of times in this thread. You have refused.

I can only interpret this to mean that as soon as you get your talking points, you’ll be all in with the narrative.

It’s just you,

Lol. And you still haven’t answered a simple question. Deflect until the bitter end, just like your cohorts.

Again: You’ve already stated that you approve of the DoJ’s actions in this instance.

So, you agree that the Watergate evidence should never have been given to congress?

2 Likes

Guilt has been assumed, a crime or some untoward insult will now be sought with the full power of the House without any input from House Republicans.