Doing "Something" About "Racism" in this Country

Absolutely.

Why would you care about my story?

No it’s quiet normal which is why everybody loves the ancestry DNA tests that’s been out awhile. I think most of us are curious of their ancestry and wish to learn more about it.

Incorrect. Black history is not American history but it is a part of american history.

4 Likes

I don’t. I’m talking about what happens after you two burn all the history books.

1 Like

Can we get everyone together in the town square, pile up all the books, and cheer while we burn them?

2 Likes

Maybe we could take that opportunity to teach people home economics. Start with something simple that anyone can do, like roasting a hotdog. Maybe even teach them how to balance their own budget?

3 Likes

Those books aren’t history books, they’re garbage.

We’re talking about grade school text books. Not actual books.

Not sure why we need some sort of ritualistic ceremony. We just need to start over on grade school history books. They are garbage.

1 Like

Well you said burn them. I’m picturing a big pile of them out in the streets, people standing by and watching the inferno, cheering, under the watchful eyes of the leaders…

2 Likes

Cant they just as easily be burned in an incinerator?

1 Like

NOT a good thing, that’s censorship and violates our 1st Amendment free speech rights.

Change should start in the schools, as in school choice, no teachers union, and no tenure. JMO

1 Like

I don’t disagree for the most part.

So far it seems that most of the ideas are directed at the school system.

Education is key.

What kind of education, what kids learn is also key. If we are going to have education tinged with social justice, then that is not (IMO) a good thing.

Not only should home economics be taught, but bring back shop classes. Kids can learn some skills that can inspire them into choosing a career.

I’d also like to see more Charter Schools and school choice.

Of course, it also starts with parents. “It takes a village”… but it depends on what kind of village it is. Kids without proper guidance can turn to gangs to find a sense of belonging and purpose. That needs to change and it starts at home.

2 Likes

Schools shouldn’t take the place of parents. IMO, that is part of the problem.

2 Likes

Are school children the problem?

School should be for education. Reading, writing and arithmetic.

Parents should prepare their children for the world to become productive adults in conjunction with what children learn in school.

We’ll never improve anything so long as schools keep taking away courses that teach children how to provide for themselves (Home Ec, Civics, Shop, AP Science, etc.).

Notice how these libs want to “improve” schools by turning them deeper into indoctrinating, kid-drugging halls of obedience?

Fight the system, my ass. :rofl:

3 Likes