Does This Ring A Bell?

The problem is that the person came into the thread expecting everyone else to do the comparing and contrasting for them.

Let’s not be coy and pretend that the whatabout attempt was anything than a poor attempt at a partisan gotcha. It’ll save us all some time.

I understand. Tough thread. Maybe next time. Do better. Etc.

1 Like

If someone is “got” by the “gotcha” when a “what about” retort is made, I’d have to question the intellectual integrity of that someone and why they feel “got”. Were they being inconsistent in how they treated two events/people/behaviors even though a comparison shows similarity? Inconsistency is often a red flag. Why the difference? That is where “contrasting” may come into use. Contrasting the event/people/behavior may show a genuine and honest assessment of the differences between the event/people/behaviors. Any other cause for the inconsistency might be a red flag identifying loss of intellectual integrity, albeit intentional or unintentional.

Compare and contrast is the root of how we really know things as humans.

But unfortunately, too many here think that such an intellectual activity is tantamount to changing the topic. That… I can’t help.

I know…just like Russian collusion delusion and orange man baaad…amirite? :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

Where you been Ish? :tumbler_glass:

thanks.

Blah blah blah, that record is getting boring. Anything else?

1 Like

Bunch of blah blah to try to explain away/justify a #butwhatabout deflection that didn’t even try to answer its own question and expected others to do the work. It was lazy and boring.

Interesting.

It would be stupid to go to the rally with the recovery situation, taking down the next building and the storm coming.

“We can confirm that the Governor will not attend the rally in Sarasota. He spoke with President Trump, who agreed that this was the right decision, as the Governor’s duty is to be in Surfside making sure the families and community have what they need in the aftermath of the tragic building collapse,” press secretary Christina Pushaw said in a statement to The Hill.

“Governor DeSantis would have gone to this event in normal circumstances. He is sure the rally will draw a big crowd on this holiday weekend, as many Floridians are excited to attend,” she added.

This is going to become quite a quandary IMHO. DeSantis is starting to get support to run for POTUS. However that is a lane that Trump might want. I believe that with the events that are taking place with the organization Trump has got to be thinking of saying he is going to run so he can make a income. DeSantis would certainly muddy up the waters in that regard.

1 Like

Did you fail the intellectual integrity check?

Wait 2 weeks and maybe you can try again.

Wow, creative way to call someone stupid. Kudos!

1 Like

I do and that is why I wrote what I wrote.

Versus the senile old pervert we had. Excellent choices huh!

Because arguments are being made that Biden is this or does that completely forgetting that Trump was the same.

You voted for the same?

1 Like

Absolutely, DeSantis will be the guy in 2024. Him against Harris, landslide win for DeSantis. lol

1 Like