Does the Speaker Have the 216 Votes?

Have you been brainwashed?

Do you question anything Trump says or does?

Why? It would have disclosed how some people totally fabricated out of the air what other people have said. My position was that Crimea was predominantly inhabited by Russian ethnic people who did not want to be part of Ukraine.

Of course that was in the best interests of the United States.

But Biden!

Donā€™t look now The Wash Post Rachael Bade and Mike DeBonis are reporting that 6 D House members are signaling a NO vote at this time.

Generally speaking, if leadership of the majority party is publicly leaking that they expect at least a half-dozen defections a week before the actual vote, the number of defections on said vote is likely to be much higher. Itā€™s remarkable that Democrats are now readily admitting they will lose at least six Democrats on the vote, probably more, but Bade and DeBonis have also confirmed now that Rep. Jeff Van Drew (D-NJ) will vote against Articles of Impeachment, just as he voted against opening the impeachment inquiry to begin with.

This vote is beginning to get interesting. The House will not apply Whip and this might give Pelosi an out if the vote does fall short. This may well be an acceptable outcome to avoid a Senate trial.

There are also as many as 6 D Senators that could vote with Senate R.

I think we can count on Joe Manchin more than Mitt Romney.

This will be worth watching.

:eye:

1 Like

Raise your hands Ds, your enquiring constituents who voted for Trump, want to know.

2 Likes

You know these types of reports will drive the House leadership to even nuttier heights.

Anyone that steps back and looks at this can see how full of conjecture and lacking in evidence the allegation is.

I just heard that 10 D are leaning NO.

Speculative sourcesā€¦take it for what it is worth.

Nadler:
ā€œWe cannot rely on an election to solve our problems when the president threatens the very integrity of that election,ā€ Nadler claimed during Wednesdayā€™s session."

How is the President currently (if ever) threatening the integrity of the election? It seems that is more Nadlerā€™s jobā€¦to prevent the people from choosing what weight they want to give on these actions of Trump.

And what has the issue come down to? Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congressā€¦neither of which is a statutory crime that has elements that are established and can be defined. They might as well impeach based on we really really donā€™t like him and donā€™t want the people to have a chance to vote.

Unless Biden is so guilty he will fold like wet toilet paper??

It is all grand electioneering.

This is a little cold water, however it does verify that at least 6 are outā€¦From Politicoā€¦

Party officials say there is zero concern of being short on votes, with nowhere near 18 Democrats expected to buck their party on the House floor. Senior Democrats say privately they hope to contain their losses to under double digits, and are so far on track to do so, according to multiple lawmakers and aides.

Even if some moderate Democrats decided to split their vote on the two articles of impeachment, Pelosi and her leadership team would have plenty of room. Democrats ā€” who have 233 members in their caucus ā€” are also expecting support from the one independent on impeachment. There are also four vacancies.

But vote-counting is likely to be a guessing game until it reaches the floor itself, with few Democrats seeing any incentive to preview their position.

ā€¦or to vote yesā€¦

A completely partisan vote to impeach where no crimes are listed in the articles of impeachment.
And going to a Senate that is dominated by the other party.
This must be the weakest impeachment in the history ofā€¦the world.

Issuing a statement that we Democrats of the House really donā€™t like Trump would serve exactly the same purpose.

1 Like

That Swalwell character will vote for impeachment. Is he still running for the Dim nomination? How does that chooch get voted into office anyway? What kind of moonbeam constituency is he pandering to?

Partisan vote with cover to about 8 to 12 swing seatsā€¦To make it look good?

I think every seat she lets vote against makes the effort look as cheap as it was.

Seems to me the question the thread is asking is whether or not Pelosi will call for the vote.

GOPs are running ads about the unhinged impeachment in districts of at-risk Dems. The unanswerable question (as it stands today) is whether enough of those GOP efforts will be effective to force Pelosi to withhold the vote (or change it to a mere censure, which will easily allow those at-risk Dems to vote Yay without too much fallout.)

I withhold my vote in this threadā€™s poll. No way to know how that will play out. Itā€™s too soon, anyway.

Yeah, Iā€™ve seen a bunch of them. They are ridiculously over the top, but maybe effective. IDKā€¦

To me theyā€™re both ā€œinterpretationsā€ generated through a lib prism.

On that accord they are one and the same.

Precisely what Iā€™ve been saying about libberish for ages.

1 Like

Spending a few moments watching the House Judiciary debating impeachment articles.
LOL
Guessing Pelosiā€™s ā€œbi-partisan effortā€ ainā€™t gonna happen?
Louie Gohmert, love that guy.

Well except that this one is for the history books.

The rogue 4.

Allan

Pretty sure a former freedom caucus member will be voting for impeachment.

Or doesnā€™t he count anymore.

Allan

WHAT is that on this guy Raskinā€™s head??