Does everyone agree that having completely and legally Open Borders would be the most compassionate form of immigration policy?

Has to be consequences for that.

It is about what is right.

Frankly, we also need to end abortion and sustain our population through the posterity of the citizens.

1 Like

There are two problems. One is that we don’t have enough agents to keep up with the flow. And the other is that there are folks who will give illegals jobs. Rarely there will be a story about a raid on some meat packing plant. But a lot of these folks work gardening or crop jobs and never get caught. And the fake SS card business has been huge for decades. At least folks that use a SS card for employment pay into employment tax and never take it out.

So?

They don’t have a right to be here. They never even asked to c9me in. Get rid of them all.

2 Likes

In your post, you said that you would get rid of illegals in addition to shutting the border.

Fine. But if a country’s birth rate isn’t high enough, it runs into real problems. That is one if the reasons why we allow immigration in the first place

That need should be considered in setting quotas for legal immigration, not an excuse for overlooking illegal immigration.

3 Likes

I am not saying it should. The poster I was responding to advocated shutting down all immigration for 10 years, and with our low birth rate, that would be disastrous.

You would acknowledge that many on the left do support open borders in some form or another:

Currently the Biden policy is open borders for anyone who wants to send their child across the border.

3 Likes

Why don’t you support it? As I noted in the OP many on the Left always bring up the statement on the Statue of Liberty as support for open borders.

Examining the values of open borders.

Promoting the drug crisis.

Allowing MS-13 to expand.

Encouraging the kidnapping of children for entering the US and for trafficking.

Causing death on both sides of the border.

3 Likes

Then adopt an immigration policy like Canada’s or Norway, or Sweden, etc., countries that the left adores?

Mod Note

Do not use religion as a weapon in a political discussion. You have all been warned.

We need merit based immigration. The current policy (or lack thereof) is disastrous for this country.

There already is a pathway to citizenship. I forget the exact numbers but roughly a million people a year go thru the process and become legal citizens…

Why in these discussions do lefties always claim we need something that already exists?

I work with a wonderful young lady from Canada going thru it right now, don’t get her started on all the people willingly skirting the system while she is spending the time and $ to do it right.

2 Likes

Right now today our southern border is being over run…people who should not be in this country got the message from our current administration that America is wide open come on down. We’ve got drugs, sex trafficking, gangs, people who are coming from all over the world in record numbers. We don’t know who they are, why they are coming, what are their intentions, do they have Covid?

We are right now setting all kinds of bad records for illegal immigration. This is a problem today, it will be a problem for years to come as the increased numbers of illegal immigrants entering the country right now in the coming years will give rise to new calls for “comprehensive immigration reform…”.

The boat is flooding…nobody is trying to pump out the water…

This country needs to deal with the immediate crisis created by the current administration before it can have any discussion about appropriate numbers of immigrants and immigration reform.

Maybe a big wall would help!

1 Like

Agreed.

Thank you!

Once again, the poster I was responding to wanted to shut down all immigration illegal AND legal.

I am not in any way trying to defend illegal immigration

I understand…

My point is simply that the we are experiencing an invasion. More than a half a million have come to this country this year, more than all of 2020.

All the other arguments are moot until we get that border under control. Something the Biden Administration is completely uninterested in doing.

I support the idea of closing off all immigration until such time as we get our current train wreck under control.

That’s all fairy dust and rainbows with the disaster we have in the White House…but we are facing an extreme circumstance that requires extreme action to solve.

1 Like

Gotcha.

Because completely open borders would not be good for our country. Good thing we don’t have open borders.