Does anyone else think Ben Sasse might challenge Trump in 2020?

I’ve said it before but I could vote for Haley

do you feel anyone else is more credible/hopeful?

Not really. At the moment I don’t really like too many of the viable candidates on either side. I like our lt. Governor Gavin Newsom on the Democratic side but he’ll still be too inexperienced by 2020

I don’t see anyone mustering the courage to primary Donald - the risk of backlash from the base will dissuade the wannabees.

I agree there’s not much on the left, either. Donald picked a good time to be president - running against a candidate as polarizing and disliked as himself, and soon to run against a likely no name.

Who knows? Stranger things have happened.

ok fair enough

he’s extremely hard left you know right?

electable on national level?

By 2024 if Trump gets 4 more years? Yes, if that happens the country will turn to the opposite extreme like it so often does and he stands a chance. But electable now/2020? No, not a chance.

can’t say i disagree based on history.

but i am curious what the issues will be

besides “time for a change” which i am sure will be the slogan in 2024 as well as 2020 for that matter

When did experience become an issue?

when hasnt it been an issue?

It’s still important to me. I totally see what you did there so I’m not trying to rant at you (just feeding off the post) but I’m sick of the back and forth game of “they did it first so it’s okay for me to ditch my principles”.

Damn I miss John McCain

did you miss him in 2008?

I didn’t vote for him but I also didn’t really have anything against him other than his choice of a running mate. Well that and I also thought he would get us into another war and that Obama would take us the other direction. And yes I was wrong about that aspect of his presidency which is why I voted for Johnson in 2012 (and 2016)

1 Like

The economy is explosive, businesses are returning to our shores en masse, our military is stronger than it’s ever been, and we are once more feared, respected, and adored abroad. Donald’s popularity is higher than any president at this time in their presidency.

Libs will try to run on a “Donald is mean and rude” platform which has already been shown to be a certain path to failure. Donald will dominate, and the GOP will ride his coattails to utter government dominance.

The military is not the strongest it’s ever been.

Nobody’s more amazing with the military than Donald.

Says you. The most competent commander in chief this country has ever had says differently. And this was a year and a half ago after he had only been in office for 3 months. We even have a Space Force now!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/853604334944354305?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^853604334944354305&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fthehill.com%2Fhomenews%2Fadministration%2F329020-trump-says-military-is-becoming-stronger-than-ever-before-we-have-no

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1027586174448218113?lang=en

Sasse is a good man, and if he ran he’d give anti Trump conservatives a place to park their votes. He’s a proven conservative too, unlike the fraud Evan McMullin.

Don’t know if he will run for POTUS, but I doubt he will run again for Senator. He’s been one of Trump’s loudest critics, but unless I’ve missed it, Trump has all but ignored him. That of course is very uncharacteristic.

But as his Senate reelection heats up, I’m sure there will be someone ( a very pro Trumpster) who will challenge him, and then Trump will go all in for this person. Sasse will lose the primary, unless he announced ahead of time he’s not running again.

That’s how I see it anyway. His political future is all but over, unless he runs for Governor at a later date. But I think his principled and consistent stance has finished his career in politics.

Another challenge to Trump.