Does a partial re-opening even work?

I’m sorry you misinterpreted my comment. I will endeavor to be more clear in the future.

Since good news is extremely hard to find since it doesn’t support the agenda of the Main Stream Media.

Hospitalizations are down.

Admissions through ER’s are way down.

ICU bed utilization is at it’s lowest since the pandemic peaked in April.

Median Age of new infectees is dropping like a rock with most new infections in the age groups least likely to be come seriously or critically ill.

Best of all we’ve now fallen back below epidemic threshold levels.

1 Like

I didn’t misinterpret anything, masks are not designed to allow your breath to escape up, down, or sideways unfiltered.

It is simply a flaw in design and people failing to understand how to properly fit and wear them.

Just quit.

“Two weeks to flatten the curve”.

Mission accomplished, we know how to protect those most vulnerable while the rest get back to work.

1 Like

Models showing how much ejecta goes forward which has nothing to do with all of the ejecta being spewed out through the leaky edges.

1 Like

They aren’t going to work for you. But they’ll probably catch what you spit out.

When I was in road maintenance they would fit us for masks. You’d get a specific one, connect to a machine, then go through a routine of movements to make sure it’s air tight.

If you’re in close contact with potentially infected people the masks available to the public will do little if any good at all and they do nothing to protect your eyes which are a primary pathway for infection as well.

1 Like

I like the term phased reopening.

That’s how they are doing it in jersey.

Allan

If you say so. I’m not sure you understand the point of the masks. You should tell these mask modelers that they got it all wrong.

They covered that too. Modelers are pretty savvy people.

(From previously provided link)

Once again you provide a picture without a source.

You cannot of course show that the purpose of the masks is to allow your breath and ejecta to escape all around them.

Yet once again that isn’t what you presented earlier and we have no idea where you sourced any of this.

The gravity of our economy will have a far greater impact on the lives of so many going forward, than the impact of COVID. Just like managing our personal finances, all of us must manage ourselves and pretend like we have COVID already and desire not to infect our fellow man. I just don’t go into places where I can be infected or infect others. The problem is…credit scores vary due to our choices. The same goes for the risk we levy on others. There’s so much narcissism among us.

1 Like

The rise in homicides, suicides, and deaths due to such things as child neglect and starvation that would occur if we fell into a depression would dwarf the death toll of the disease itself.

1 Like

Agreed…and in our present society…children already have it pretty tough with the parents they’ve got. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Mostly the lack thereof.

1 Like

Where is the data to back up that statement?

Homicides in many cities are already up over 20% so far this year and calls to suicide hotlines up over 800% and that’s without a depression.

Estimates range as high as 3-7 million Americans died of starvation directly or indirectly during The Great Depression.

We also have so much of the population now suffering from chronic health conditions who are dependent on daily medicine to survive which would cease to be possible in a depression that alone could cause a massive increase in mortality.

1 Like

None of those random data points show that we would have more deaths due to a depression than from Covid19. In fact, studies of the great depression and the recession of 2009 show that mortality rates declined. Yes, suicides increased, but deaths from other diseases and from auto accidents fell.

Lol y’all really thought we were gonna reopen and a bunch of people were gonna die all at once but the economy would thrive and restaurants and bars would stay filled and no one would have to wear a mask and people wouldn’t react to it in any way. Utter fantasy.