Dobbs & NYS Pistol & Rifle watch thread

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/23/us/reaction-new-york-gun-law-supreme-court/index.html

that at a moment of national reckoning on gun violence,

Who declared that crap?

the governor said, vowing to “keep New Yorkers safe from gun violence.”

:rofl: Stupid woman.

But the city will continue to do whatever possible, Adams said, including conducting a “comprehensive review of our approach to defining ‘sensitive locations’ where carrying a gun is banned, and reviewing our application process to ensure that only those who are fully qualified can obtain a carry license.”

“We will work together to mitigate the risks this decision will create once it is implemented,” the mayor said, "as we cannot allow New York to become the Wild West."

There it is! And admitting they’re going to work around the law. Dumb ass.

Nadler ran his cake hole of course.

I don’t care for these people.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Hear that libs…no special rights that YOU think you’re entitled too.

And to think 3 SCOTUS thinks special rights is Constitutional is scary…don’t you think?

4 Likes

Real question I might have to look up.

What sort of enforcement mechanisms are available to the SC if their rulings are just ignored?

1 Like

Seems like a trap…

1 Like

Lib tears are too salty to use for gun oil.

They have contempt of court and the United States Marshal Service at their disposal to enforce contempt orders.

2 Likes

They can also reverse convictions.

The prog hoplophobes are really upset.

“Well, the NRA just got what they paid for with all the dark money that they spent on packing the court,” Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., told Fox News.

Idiot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SenBlumenthal/status/1539994152544477184?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1539994152544477184|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fpolitics%2Fdemocrats-raise-alarm-supreme-court-strikes-ny-concealed-carry-law

1 Like

There’s always the amendment process, not that they’ll consider that route.

1 Like

Should we do away with the first amendment too? Kamala told us all how dangerous that is.

2 Likes

A wise citizenry would actually start to ask why wealthy politicians and celebrities with armed security details are so hell bent on removing the right of the peasantry to defend themselves, but we aren’t a particularly wise society these days.

2 Likes

Good day for the people of the United States, bad day for authoratarians and the irrationally insecure.

8 Likes

Vietnam hero doesn’t know what legislating from the bench means.

3 Likes

I like this decision. Government bureaucrats shouldn’t be deciding who does and doesn’t need to carry a gun.

3 Likes

You put it correctly. Big mouth lib Whoopi. She is quite full of herself.

2 Likes

If there were still lingering doubts, today’s Democratic Party is the most authoritarian I’ve seen in my lifetime. It’s the DNC DOJ making threats now - the Republicans negotiating with Democrats on ANYTHING concerning gun rights are imbeciles. The Democrats will use red flag laws to go after any opposition.

3 Likes

This is actually more tame than I have been predicting, but very much in line with what I have been expecting.

Say the state of NY decides not to follow the ruling…… what then?

Well, that’s the thing. How?

What can the state of New York do, to not follow the ruling?