Dobbs & NYS Pistol & Rifle watch thread

Butt hurt?

3 Likes

Wonder where all the progs are?

Preparing for the wild west.

4 Likes

Weird reply. Not sure how you got that from what I said but hey ho.

Getting kayaks for the rivers of blood in the streets.

I like how Thomas and Alito didn’t let them wander off into Emotionlandia.

3 Likes

Trolling usually is.

What should the post? How there is a conspiracy at play? Scream about how judges are out of touch and legislating from the bench.

Thats what cons do when a SC decision doesnt go there way.

2 Likes

The closing paragraphs of Thomas’ opinion sums things up nicely.

The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self defense is not “a second-class right, subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees.” McDonald, 561 U. S., at 780 (plurality opinion). We know of no other constitutional right that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need. That is not how the First Amendment works when it comes to unpopular speech or the free exercise of religion. It is not how the Sixth Amendment works when it comes to a defendant’s right to confront the witnesses against him. And it is not how the Second Amendment works when it comes to public carry for self defense.

New York’s proper-cause requirement violates the Fourteenth Amendment in that it prevents law-abiding citizens with ordinary self-defense needs from exercising their right to keep and bear arms. We therefore reverse the judgment of the Court of Appeals and remand the case for further proceedings consistent with this opinion.

It is so ordered.

3 Likes

He’s not calling it prior restraint.

I like it when he calls them out for “diminished right”.

2 Likes

You should stop trolling.

Reading the ruling now, I don’t see how any law that makes you wait until 21 to buy a gun can stand or red flag laws for that matter.

3 Likes

I am also wondering about the gun free zones. Will they continue to stand?

I cannot see the SC ruling that private businesses or entities have no authority to designate their properties locations as gun free.

But its interesting discussion point.

Yes i believe private property rights will have a major point in the discussion. I do think places like chicago officials will find it harder to enact strict gun free zones.

Yeah I am not sure that open areas of a city or municipality will be discussed. Makes me think about airport security. Does this mean that I can carry a firearm onto a plane? What about a transatlantic flight that originates in the US? Once I am out of American airspace do i have to give it up?

Interesting

Deeply disappointed - in the Constitution

:rofl: “Guns in America”

Yep Ariane, that’s what it says

:sob:

4 Likes

You obviously haven’t viewed what’s going on at twitter right now.

3 Likes

They butthurt?

The lefts big mouth lib whoopi goldberg says the sc is giving the middle finger and this makes it so difficult for police. Which i am just laughing at her actually caring about the police. So whoopi is now for police?

What a hypocrite she is. Not suprising though.

3 Likes
3 Likes