Do you think Floyd was murdered?

I guess not, since I have no idea what you are talking about. None.

P.S. I did not talk about “liberal cities” or “liberal states”. I talked about the “liberal city” and “liberal state”. Of course we all know the reason you misrepresented that (actually I don’t but it sounded so pity when you said it)

Not even an inkling?

It’s manslaughter for sure…not a lawyer. Chauvin will be convicted for Floyd death. I think they need to be careful not to over play their hand here…will lead to more rots. looting etc after the trial IMO.

1 Like

And look at it again. I did not say “liberal cities”, now did I?

Pity?

You mean pithy?

Excellent point. It’s my understanding that you would have to prove that he was planning on killing somebody that day for it to be first degree.

Yes. Sorry about that. There was no hidden meaning to the mistake.

In order to prove premeditation, you’d have to prove that he specifically planned to kill Floyd specifically, at some point prior to the beginning of their altercation.

Everyone knows what you meant - well, everyone who has read your posts over at least a few months.

Why obfuscate it? Why not just come straight out with it?

Really, it has to be that specific? So it can’t just be wanting to kill just anyone?

Since you are asking me to do so honestly, I will come out and say it.

I have no idea what you are talking about. You make no sense. From the way you are speaking I gather you are out of thin air wanting to accuse me of something that it is against to rules of the forum for you to say.
And I will report it if that is the case.

No. Premeditated mean you planned and carried out specific murder/target.

I didn’t know that.

You might be able to get him on 2nd degree Even that that might be tough…but let @TheDoctorIsIn answer that one.

Second - degree murder is defined as an intentional killing that was not premeditated. … Second - degree murder requires that the defendant acted impulsively, and without premeditation, but with an intent and understanding of his actions.

No, actually I think you’re right. If he had woken up that morning and decided he was going to kill someone that day, it could fit Murder 1.

the only reason this is “News” is because someone filmed it.
and police brutality isn’t a left vs right issue.

What about the people who do these mass shootings? How are they charged?

The more I’m thinking about it, I think he’s right.

If a serial killer decides to kill someone, but doesn’t pick a specific victim until he’s in the moment, it’d probably be Murder 1.

I’m too tired to research this right now.

1 Like

That’s both what I was thinking about, and the research that I’m too tired to do right now.

Murder 2 is possible - but would be difficult to prove.

Murder 3 is close to open-and-shut.