Do you Believe in The Big Lie?

Interesting article here about “The Big Lie” that Trump actually won the election.

If you poll Republicans most of them say the election was fraudulent and stolen.

But then If you ask if they will be voting in the upcoming election they overwhelmingly say yes.

“A full 92 percent of self-identified Republican voters said that they planned to vote in the 2022 elections, with just 4 percent saying they did not plan to,”

But…People who think their vote doesn’t matter don’t get fired up to vote.

So the article suggests that Republicans don’t really believe the Big Lie but will use it as a tool to troll liberals and muddy the waters. Sounds about right.

But what say you? Do you believe the Big Lie?

https://www.salon.com/2021/10/28/do-actually-believe-big-lie-about-rigged-elections-they-dont-act-like-they-do/

1 Like

Rhetorical question, by definition.

I don’t believe there was ballot fraud, not significant enough to change the outcome at any rate. I do believe other shady things impacted the election, from social media censorship to changing election law outside of legislatures. But even if I did, I would still vote on the off chance it couldn’t be rigged again with everyone on high alert looking for it.

2 Likes

Right- I disagree but this is in the realm of reality. Democrats also we’re concerned about Russian social media manipulation (and we were laughed at. by the Right for that).

But those critiques are a far cry from The Big Lie- a concerted Leftist plot to manipulate votes to win the election.

So perhaps those two things are getting conflated?

1 Like

No, I don’t believe the Big Lie and never did. At least, after wasting three years, Mueller finally reported that the whole thing about collusion with Russia was a hoax. It was made up by Democrats to attempt the delegitimization of the 2016 election.
Or are you talking about the one where Abrams claimed she won the governors race in Georgia?

8 Likes

“just in case you forgot we call this the ‘big lie’ “

Take a look at the most shared stories on Facebook when you get a chance.

1 Like

So nobody on the right was deplatformed?

1 Like

The big lie is that we have a credible election system.

The last presidential election that Democrats actually admit that they lost was in 1988. Before the 2020 election, they were happy to point out the obvious vulnerabilities of voting systems.

2 Likes

Awesome. good to know.

For breaking terms of service? Probably.

1 Like

Salon?

1 Like

this is all “conspiracy” now

isnt that amazing?

1 Like

Weren’t the ninjas suppose to blow the lid off this thing? Where did they go?

Lol if Trump had stolen the election, you would all be saying, “Well I’m not happy we had to destroy democracy but otherwise Joe Biden would have won and he was going to destroy democracy!”

3 Likes

who?

“blow lid” off of what “thing?”

If Trump had won, cities would probably still be burning and left coast state would seceded from the union. That was the explicit plan for violent insurrection coming from Democrats and Never-Trumpers.

1 Like

Cyber Ninjas they conducted a forensic audit of Maricopa county AZ tasked by the Republican legislature, are you just learning about it now?

What thing? the “stolen” election, bringing the truth to light

Did you notice you didn’t even bother to deny being okay with seizing power illegally?

1 Like

oh that ok well what do you mean by “blow the lid off?”

what did you expect to happen?

they put out the results. did you not see them?