Democrats' war games for contesting the election

Here is one scenario based on a recent role-playing exercise for the upcoming election:
Game Three: Clear Trump Win
The third scenario posited a comfortable Electoral College victory for President Trump — 286-252 — but also a significant popular vote win—52% - 47%–for former Vice President Biden . . .The Biden Campaign encouraged Western states, particularly California but also Oregon and Washington, and collectively known as “Cascadia,” to secede from the Union unless Congressional Republicans agreed to a set of structural reforms to fix our democratic system to ensure majority rule. . .This partisan division remained unresolved because neither side backed down, and January 20 arrived without a single president-elect entitled to be Commander-in-Chief after noon that day. It was unclear what the military would do in this situation.

The report came from a dungeons-and-dragons style role-playing game by the Transition Integrity Project, which is an allegedly bipartisan group:

Sounds like Democrats are planning for a repeat of what they did with the 1860 election if they don’t like the results. I am sure Russia would be overjoyed; maybe they will even encourage the leader of the defunct Calexit campaign to return to California from his home in Russia.

I thought the Democrats were worried about Trump not respecting election results.

Are they really willing to tear the country apart and fight another civil war if they don’t like the results?

Are the Antifa antics just the start of the real Democrat “resistance”?

What is Biden’s position using succession as a political tool like Democrats did in 1860?

"Sounds like Democrats are planning for a repeat of what they did with the 1860 election if they don’t like the results. "

There wasn’t a single bit of corroborating evidence im anything you linked to that supports your assertion. No, Democrats are not planning any of the things you imagined

2 Likes

How many election conspiracy theories are we going to see here in the next 90 days?

1 Like

Hopefully more interesting ones. This one was just boring and lazy. Next!

1 Like

I could do better if I was allowed.

Let’s make up some fun ones.

It’s “role” playing, because you are playing a role.

2 Likes

The alleged purpose of the study was to “assess that the President Trump is likely to contest the result by both legal and extra-legal means, in an attempt to hold onto power.” The study goes on to assess “extra-legal” for Democrats achieve their political goals if Trump wins the election.

I would love to see Democratic leaders answer questions related to the study, such as:

Do they support secession as a tool to achieve their political goals?

Do they want a military coup to overturn election results that “go the wrong way”?

Democrats supported similar ideas back in 2017, so the question is not just about a roll-playing game:

there would be none if democrats weren’t so tripping desperate for mail ballots, and they accepted election results

So many.

Sure there wouldn’t…

No, Democrats do not support successionn fo Trump wins. The idea is utterly ridiculous

Ask the Dems since they’re the ones who want to eliminate the Electoral College, no voter ID, no signature checks, lower voting age to16, bulk mail of ballots, extend early voting, Biden has hired 600 lawyers, so “pick a theory” the Dems are giving plenty to choose from! :roll_eyes:

Could you cite a single Democrat wanting to get rid of signature checks?

1 Like

I believe it’s Nevada.

Yeah that wasn’t true. Trump either lied or was just ignorant of the facts but either way he was wrong

1 Like

Ohio checks my signature when I vote. Here’s the thing though, my handwriting is atrocious and trust me when I say my signature is different every time I write it. Nobody has ever challenged it. Same goes for the credit card readers, I don’t even attempt a legible signature there, I just make a squiggly line. Still goes through every time.

1 Like

Did you just use a fictional game-playing scenario to ascribe actual real motives to people?

I also enjoyed the OPer focusing on the one scenario where Democrats might resist and ignored the other three which wargamed out Trump resisting.

Would love to hear his thoughts as to whether he thinks the war gamers are correct in assuming Trump will do everything he can to hold onto his office, and whether that’s a threat to the nation’s stability as well.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

No, but I think the game-playing exercise raises legitimate questions about what Democrats are really planning to do.

I would love to see interviews of Biden and other top Democrats that gets their explanations for what the game-playing means. If it was just a bunch of rogue gamers having fun, then say so and explicitly reject some of the more violent scenarios as pure fantasy.