Do We, As US Citizens, Have A Right

The whole rationale behind the Montana rifles thing is that the government can’t regulate them as long as they are manufactured IN and STAY in Montana. The second one of those guns crosses the state line, whether by sale or some knucklehead forgetting it’s in his trunk, it would then fall under federal regulations.

“Allowing”? Quote the section of the Constitution that “allows” the government to stop me.

1 Like

Well, that’s all wrong. I deal with OSHA weekly.

How do they have to?

Where does the commerce clause mention citizen, individual or any such language? It doesn’t.

Take a break.

1 Like

Like I said earlier. Unless there are strict records of sales, and very strict punishments for illegal sales, somebody WILL sell those things at a huge profit.

Are you a citizen of your state?

I would argue that this is the same argument folks make about immigration. Some folks immigrate legally, some sneak across the border. Conservatives say that they need to do it right and get in line with everyone else.

So let’s use this Conservative logic here. Folks who followed the rules, got business licenses and are now running tanning bed businesses did it the right way and if you want to run one out of your garage you need to do it right and get in line with everyone else.

2 Likes

I know what the government’s excuse is. If that happens, you due process the individual violator, you don’t prohibit everyone who didn’t.

Why does the rifle I bring to Texas not fall under Texas regulations?

I disagree that it is “right”. I disagree that government has the authority to determine what “right” is.

Do people have the authority to determine what “right” is?

So what? Who does it hurt if I agree to pay $5k for a $2k rifle?

It absolutely would. But since the gun has crossed state lines it’s under federal regs now, too.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Is the power of zoning delegated to the United States Federal Government by the Constitution?
Is the power of zoning prohibited by the states in the constitution?

Under the 10th amendment zoning is reserved to the states or the people.

As such, people elected LOCAL and STATE representatives (people and the state) and decided they had the power to enact zoning. It’s not restricted by the constitution that they can do it, and it’s not deligated to the Federal Government.

Now show me some place in the constitution that zoning violates please and thank you.

Nobody, as long as you don’t leave Montana with it.

Feds regulate interstate comerece. If a prodect is going to cross state lines, then the Federal Govnernment can regulate it.

Very few things can be guaranteed not to cross state lines.

Why?

What regs? Why not the “regs” of the states I cross while I’m crossing them?

The 2nd Amendment is incorporated against the states. So what regs? According to the Constitution as incorporated by the SCOTUS, I can bear that rifle in any state in the union and it shall not be infringed, so what regs?

The right of the people peaceably to assemble

Who does it hurt if I do?

Huge stretch counting comerace as assembly.