Do border barriers really work?

Due process is over-rated, thank for the opinion.

What do fences do for visa over stayers.

Not a blessed thing.

They people fly over the wall.

I know if I wanted to come to America illegally I’d fly in.

Allan

Contrived, not “due”. Process always has limits despite the Left’s efforts to endlessly extend it. All the process an illegal alien is due is to determine the facts and then summary deportation. Nothing else.

1 Like

You’re right. That’s a separate issue that needs addressed.

To put it into the context of the original analogy: if you have guests over that overstay their welcome, you don’t argue that your yard doesn’t needs fenced and your front door doesn’t need to be there.

2 Likes

Blackberries works wonders. :wink:

Don’t get me started!

Once those establish themselves you are, well, either young enough with enough energy to fight them back … or you are screwed.

One problem at a time.

Part of the reason for at least quadrupling the ICE interior enforcement wing is to give them the necessary manpower to start removing them.

It will also require some legislative action and funding to create a VISA tracking and verification system.

One major issue is that no visa at all is required for visitors from the EU and other preferred countries such as Canada.

If you can afford a plane ticket, why are you coming here?

1 Like

If they overstay a visa they fall into a different category anyhow since the entered legally.

My friend from the UK who comes to the states quite frequently would disagree with you.

Biometrics are collected when coming in from the UK.

Allan

Nope the same category. Illegal immigrant.

Allan

To visit. And then to overstay my visit.

It’s done all the time.

Allan

Biometrics are not a visa.

No they aren’t, they entered legally which puts them in a completely different category.

Maybe once the wall is finished, ICE will have the time and resources to go after those people.

1 Like

If they didn’t work the open borders dems wouldn’t be so adament against them.

2 Likes

They don’t totally solve the problem. They reduce it by 90 percent. If the dems stopped their war against ICE patriots and stopped protecting illegal child molesters, that would help as well.

1 Like

I guess you’d have only one or two places that you could really go to in order to find out the answer to that question. Hungary would be one of those places.

1 Like

You don’t need to go that far. The U.S. border patrol has already answered the question. They are experts. Pelosi and AOC are not.

1 Like

Not to mention they are in the system at that point not sure why more or not removed though.