Dilbert Canceled!

Cool.

Should a look up all the now racist quotes by black people about whites?

2 Likes

Man, I haven’t heard of the Dilbert comics since that failed cartoon in the 90’s.

:rofl:

Speaking of failed cartoon. Dude once said his cartoon got cancelled because he is white. Lol

No need
ANES (Electionstudies.org) is a collaboration of two major universities.
They apparently produced and retweeted the following graphic from their own study.

If we define racist as “rating one’s own racial group superior to others”
then according to the survey
1.) White respondents are the least racist
2.) (interestingly) black respondents are the most racist

2 Likes

Or because it sucked ass. lol

There was a time that Dilbert was one of the best strips out there. (Coming from the high tech field, I may be showing some bias.) It nailed the high tech office environment with wit and precision.

I think he ran out of good material, and started trying some themes that just didn’t live up to the original quality.

The downward trajectory accelerated after Dilbert lost his virginity.

3 Likes

The inevitable creative death of any idea.

White knights assemble!!!

3 Likes

I dodnt even know that it was still running. Comic strips usually catches on and you would see reposting of them. I have never seen a dilbert comic reposted anywhere.

1 Like

It was a comic for a niche community of milquetoast nerds way back in the analog age. I mean, how long could it have possibly lasted anyway? We all saw the travesty that was the Simpsons after the first 8 seasons. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

jump the shark
phrase of jump
INFORMAL
(of a television series or movie) reach a point at which far-fetched events are included merely for the sake of novelty, indicative of a decline in quality.

3 Likes

Your avatar, you smoke. I didn’t think you would be a smoker.

2 Likes

I still watch new Simpsons. Yes, those seasons were arguably the best but new ones are still good.

Gonna agree there. My kid got me back into the show and there’s some awesome later episodes. I was surprised.

1 Like

The new ones are all cheaply forced puns and cliches from what I saw. Very boring, like the Family Guy.

Being middle aged now, the original season had some damn tear jerkers.

Pus, check out that animation quality, specifically at 1:02 of the video. 13 straight seconds of hand drawn, 27 FPS animation, perfectly voiced.

Welp, that explains why I like it. I am big Family Guy guy :wink:

1 Like

Me too…

1 Like

Knights don’t self-identify by colors.

Makes sense. :wink:

And South Park and Beavis & Butthead. That’s about the extent of cartoons I currently watch.