Didn't the libs in Portland want to defund the police?

They’ve been conditioned to accept “groupthink” since the early 80’s in the schools. Most have no core other than political beliefs and pet causes, which are dogma for them. It would absolutely suck to try to meet women in that area.

One of those is an anarchist and the other is force used by the State.

The State should not be indiscriminate against it’s own citizenry.

All their needs are provided and their biggest discomfort is occasional lagging wifi, so in order to feel worthy they have to latch onto causes to feel relevant. They should have to move somewhere in the third world where they have to worry about food, water, shelter every day.

Bet the pizza delivery guy gets to your house before the cops. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I don’t believe that any of them are anarchists. If you are living off a trust fund, George Soros funding or Daddy’s credit card, you are certainly not an anarchist. If your last meal was quarter pounder with cheese and the last place you spent the night was a Holiday Inn Express, you are certainly not an anarchist.

Anarchist my ass.

I get that. I’m just wondering why there is a culture in that area that causes the police to pre-emptively tear gas neighborhoods. That doesn’t happen in my neighborhood or anywhere within 100 miles.

Agreed. Riot control, unfortunately, lends itself to a degree of it. One of the drawbacks of a lot of less than lethal tools.

Then the use shouldn’t be indiscriminate. The threshold of use should be pretty high.

How about that time in Philly when a protest spilled out into the interstate and the police kettled people into a position where they could not disperse and gassed the hell out of them? That was pretty cool.

That doesn’t radicalize people against the police one bit.

The pizza delivery guy is less likely to draw a gun on you when he shows up too.

1 Like

I don’t disagree - another drawback of “less than lethal”.

Very cool.

Nor does laser eyes and molotov cocktails radicalize the police against protestors.

Yep, because the pizza delivery guy is properly funded, equipped, and trained. Good job. :clap:

I’ve lived here for years. Protests happen weekly in downtown Portland and have been ever since I started living here. The cops always show up in riot gear whether or not there’s any rioting going on. There’s a reason everytime they show up people start humming the Imperial March from Star Wars.

1 Like

You don’t need a degree to be a cop in Portland anymore. Turns out they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel for recruiting. Even tattoos are allowed now. Prison ones at that. It doesn’t take a lot to figure out why either, if you ever interact with them here.

Well then the bar needs to be sky high.

Radicalized police is the last thing that we need in this world.

Need to stop making excuses for the indiscriminate force against the people… you know… the thing that people are protesting.

I agree.

I’m not. You need to stop making excuses for escalation to lethal weapons by rioters. You know, the thing that gets tear gas deployed.

Any examples?

I think I might have blamed the people throwing the molotov cocktails thus creating the situatin.rather than the police reacting with tear gas.
Police don’t usually go randomly into neighborhoods shooting off tear gas.

Are you going to help me?

Who is the one to break the cycle of violence? The State… the guys with all of the power or the anarchists?

I don’t put too much faith in the anarchists.

Because indiscriminately “lighting up” crowds works loads better.