Did the British spy on Trump and tell Obama?

Here’s an article from 2017 that says they did. And they were not the only ones…

Britain’s spy agencies played a crucial role in alerting their counterparts in Washington to contacts between members of Donald Trump’s campaign team and Russian intelligence operatives, the Guardian has been told.

GCHQ first became aware in late 2015 of suspicious “interactions” between figures connected to Trump and known or suspected Russian agents, a source close to UK intelligence said. This intelligence was passed to the US as part of a routine exchange of information, they added.

Over the next six months, until summer 2016, a number of western agencies shared further information on contacts between Trump’s inner circle and Russians, sources said.

The European countries that passed on electronic intelligence – known as sigint – included Germany, Estonia and Poland. Australia, a member of the “Five Eyes” spying alliance that also includes the US, UK, Canada and New Zealand, also relayed material, one source said.

This is clearly the deep world at work.

Drain The World!

9 Likes

The funny thing is that they think that this makes Trump look good.

If nothing was done wrong or illegally, then I’m sure dimocrats won’t mind it happening to their candidates.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

If the Dem candidate’s campaign is having suspicious, clandestine meetings with foreign powers, I’d like the govt to know. Wouldn’t you?

After the no collusion conclusion, it does… Look at all the countries that interfered in our elections.

There is nothing wrong with using the spy agencies of other countries for one administration to get opposition research on the nominee of the other political party.
Nothing.
Depending on what countries and what parties we are talking about.

That’s all been debunked. The tower meeting was nothing…

:joy:

If one reads the Mueller report, one would see a willingness on the part of the Trump campaign to meet with assets that were considered Russian Intelligence.

The fact that it was so brazen that British Intelligence thought it was crazy should tell you something.

If one reads the Mueller report, one would see that that is not exactly the determination that was made.

1 Like

They’re not going to read it. Barrs Summary was what they wanted to hear. End of story.

1 Like

Rationalizing foreign interference in the democratic process? Tsk Tsk.

You mean at the time they were setting up George Papadopoulos? :wink:

1 Like

Fake news.
Not technically illegal.
What, you think your side’s so innocent?
Witch hunt!
No collusion, no obstruction!
Eat your peas
Britain is cool

4 Likes

Its a good thing collusion ia not a crime

Who cares? We didn’t elect a saint. Obama did what we wanted policy wise and that’s all that matters. (My first opportunity to use the con’s reasoning about Trump!) Oh, and I didn’t vote for Obama.

:rofl:

2 Likes

How come the left keeps making such claims without any quotes from the report. The tower meeting was debunked long ago. No American was found to collude. And that’s 12 angry dems looking for it…

I kind of like that they’re not going to read it. It gives folks that have read it a major advantage.

1 Like

Read the report. You will find out what is in it.

You will see that they should have listened to Jared Kushner as to whether they should be meeting with every random Russian who said that they had something to tell them.